Paris-Roubaix meets technology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I have to admit when I first saw this on Cycling News.com I did check the date at the top of the page .
On Sunday there maybe the additional entertainment of Team DSM riders throwing there bikes into muddy French fields.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
actually no according to the picture that shows a hose distinct from the spokes....

1649924685602.png

I'm all for it. It was exciting when Tri bars began and then people were using rock shox for PR and then even a bit of FS frames for the race.
Presumably they've tested it on the cobbles - you'd not run it unless you had.
What's the weather forecast for Sunday ?

Alex321

Veteran
I'm all for it. It was exciting when Tri bars began and then people were using rock shox for PR and then even a bit of FS frames for the race.
Presumably they've tested it on the cobbles - you'd not run it unless you had.
What's the weather forecast for Sunday ?
Dry.

The commentators in other races this week were saying it will be dry and dusty. Apparently the driest it has been for several years now.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm sure that's a relief after last year. Although that was an amazing race.
Last year? Surely that was last week?

Time flies, eh?

Adam4868

Guru
I doubt DSM trust too much ,😁
DSM apparently won't use the built-in management tyre pressure system tomorrow due to a lack of trust from the riders. (via @sporza_koers)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Jana Cleuren on Twitter: "Remarkable: As a female rider of DSM, Floortje Mackaij was very surprised when she found out (through media) the male riders have this tool for #PR2022 Curious how team DSM treated her request to ride with this tool as wel. @degroteplaat #ParisRoubaix #ParisRoubaixFemmes" / Twitter –
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JanaCleuren/status/1515255997429858304

T4tomo

Legendary Member

"Your legs make the difference at Paris-Roubaix, not tyre pressure"​

so says Cancellara... I think DSM will probably quietly drop it and not use it at TdeF as they are saying.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

"Your legs make the difference at Paris-Roubaix, not tyre pressure"​

so says Cancellara... I think DSM will probably quietly drop it and not use it at TdeF as they are saying.
Is that from the same article where he sat on the fence between MvdP and Küng for the win, rubbished WVA and didn't mention van Baarle? He's clearly not infallible!

Top Bottom