Paris-Roubaix meets technology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/in...Qi-n83ZE5wUGJ7vFYPKODHqHqCzQnQLNHBNN11656UUrI

tyre pressure management system to be used by Team DSM, tyre pressure can be altered from controls on the handlebars
Blimey, a simple ish sport like bike racing is getting more and more like F1 car racing.

winjim

Smash the cistern
That is cool as shoot though. So now can we let them make proper carbon fibre frames please?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
"does not contain any moving parts or compressors" it says.
So a pre pumped up air reservoir and some valves, which means they are unlikely to be able to adjust the pressure on a sector by sector basis, or they'll empty the reservoir.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
"does not contain any moving parts or compressors" it says.
So a pre pumped up air reservoir and some valves, which means they are unlikely to be able to adjust the pressure on a sector by sector basis, or they'll empty the reservoir.
I didn't quite get the "moving parts" bit, but I guess all that really matters is that the UCI have given it their blessing.

The blurb is VERY light on detail and I think may lose a little in the translation, but it implies that there's at least some scope to increase and decrease the pressure a couple of times. If it were good only for one sector then it'd be marginal whether this was worth the fuss.

I admit when I first read the story I though this was some *shudder* kickstarter or *shudder with knobs on* indiegogo effort, so at least it looks like a real thing that can be bought instead of "gifted". Big question though is do I go for the black or the blue...... 🤔

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Woo gadgetry :wub:

I hope it's not too vibration sensitive. P-R might be quite a test for it.

I'm having visions of Professor Pat Pending in his Converter Car from Wacky Races. Here come the cobbles! Suddenly DSM are on phat bikes! But Dick Dastardly has disguised Muttley as a steward and sends them the wrong way.

Last edited:
Woo gadgetry :wub:

I hope it's not too vibration sensitive. P-R might be quite a test for it.

I'm having visions of Professor Pat Pending in his Converter Car from Wacky Races. Here come the cobbles! Suddenly DSM are on phat bikes! But Dick Dastardly has disguised Muttley as a steward and sends them the wrong way.
I seriously hope they HAVE considered vibrations as an issue!!!

But you're right in one way - there is enormous scope for embarassing cock-ups here ...

Top Bottom