Paris-Roubaix (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Aperitif said:
Yes - thanks John but I think they were a lot 'steeper' this year - or maybe my left leg has developed shortness whilst watching TV.:laugh:

I'll have to have a look when ITV4(?) show the highlights - I didn't notice anything myself, although I was watching on a postage stamp sized (and quite jittery) feed :blush:

Cycling News has a pic of the bike here - the angle's not great, but they do look higher up the curve of the drops than the 2007 bikes' hoods to me.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
An exciting finish with the 'big three' fighting it out in the end. Glad to see it was Boonen as he needed to get a big one in the bag this season and I also tipped him to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yenrod

Aperitif said:
And the winner is...:eek:

As an aside - did anyone notice how 'tilted' upwards Boonen's brake levers were.
Does he always ride like this?

Seems to be popular to ride with youur brakelevers tilted sky high - have tried it and the rides 'funny'...I like mine horizontal but up slightly.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I've noticed a lot of the Pro's have them fairly high so I also tried it on my roadie, it was OK but they are not as high as Boonen's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again John tM - loads of interesting pictures.
'Big up' to James Huang also - he took the photos for cyclingnews.com.
I'm getting nerdier by the day - now I want a Specialized :eek:
Well done Boonen - why did he pat Cancellara on the bottie at the entrance to the Velodrome BTW?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
red_tom said:
Hasn't Boonen had a back injury recently? Maybe the levers are higher because of that.

It was mentioned in the commentary on Eurosport, but only in relation to spesh having made him a custom fork...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Feature on the bikes (with pics) here, on Bike Radar.

Top Bottom