Paris World Cup Track (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That Morton disqualification from the keirin for not getting her puncture early enough was very unfair. Penalised for something that wasn't her fault.
Jobsworthery at its worst ... The puncture might have happened in the first half metre for all the official knew, let alone half a lap! (If he did not have the discretion to allow her to restart then he damn well should have done!)

Interesting comment from VP in commentary, implying that she was pushed from the GB team, she didn't jump.
Yes. She definitely seemed tempted to say a few more things but decided not to ...

Anyway - I enjoyed it all, though the Madison still does my head in ... I went to the first competition at the new Manchester velodrome all those years back and did not have a clue what was going on when I saw my first Madison. I think it is an exciting event but I prefer being able to understand what I am seeing!

400bhp

Guru
WTF was Bobridge trying to do in the individ pursuit?:wacko:

I think it got to 4.5 seconds difference at one point, with both riders in the same straight.

oldroadman

Veteran
Overall a good championships, and a clear lesson to GB. The tactics in the women's TP seemed strange, losing a rider too early after two "big turns", was, I thought, weakening and overloading the other three. Comments about missing Dani King - spot on, she adds consistency and power. The sprinters were, to put it brutally, a bit of a disaster. Plenty of work for the coaches (and maybe talent spotters) there. Where is the new Chris Hoy, because on what happened in Paris, Jason Kenny didn't have it.
Comments about the application of the rules, track racing is very technical, rules are very explicit, and commissaires have little or no leeway. It's simple as that. Criticism is easy when you are not there and I wouldn't have their job, especially when the inane comments of know nothing TV presenters do nothing to help. If the DQ incident referred to had been treated differently, and the race stopped and restarted, work out (it takes one second) the reaction of the other riders and team managers who KNOW the rules. Then tell us that the commissaires are wrong to strictly implement the regulations. Having talked to some, these officials are no mugs, and they are aware of having to make difficult decisions which won't make them popular, but still do so. I respect that, as everyone should respect the officials. that's spoken as someone who has now and again been on the wrong end of what I thought was harsh, but then they don't always get you for everything!

Top Bottom