Park lane and surrounding areas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
An RTA with a motorcyclist caused park lane south bound to be closed. Surronding areas are packed with traffic as all traffic is now controled by police.

An air ambulance took the motorcyclist to hospital.

Here's to the motorcyclist making a full recovery.

Park Lane traffic is a mess, it is amazing there are not more accidents there.

StuartG

slower but further
There is a paradox that dangerous looking situations cause people to ride/drive with more care. Some road planners use this to modify behaviour - making places look even more dangerous than they are. The real danger is places that look too safe - complacency kills.

Origamist

Legendary Member
StuartG said:
There is a paradox that dangerous looking situations cause people to ride/drive with more care. Some road planners use this to modify behaviour - making places look even more dangerous than they are. The real danger is places that look too safe - complacency kills.

Indeed. I recently came across a study looking at the poor safety record on US interstates - one of the proposals was to plant more trees by the side of the road in order to slow traffic down. Of course, many people understandably found this line of reasoning counterintuitive - "we'll crash into trees and die..."

I really hate Park Lane. And Marble Arch and HPC. I've driven round there and been astonished at how useless drivers can be with lanes. It makes things so much slower if cars are trying to dive across between rows of traffic, and it's lethal for us. Such crappy driving. The epitome of London.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
London was gridlock yesterday evening too, almost the worst traffic ever. Never saw a sign as to why though, no collisions, nothing. Lot of police incidents though, going by the number of police cars that overtook me on blues and twos. All with exemplary driving, too.

I had some excellent drivers as well, 3 or 4 were very nice to me and held back to let me around a bus.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Maybe all cars should be fitted with a 6" metal spike on the steering wheel. That would make them all drive carefully.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I just got in from a ride. Went past on the way out and it was still shut when I got back and hour or so later.

It was a fatal collision.

RIP

Dan B

Disengaged member
BentMikey said:
London was gridlock yesterday evening too, almost the worst traffic ever. Never saw a sign as to why though, no collisions, nothing.
It was those bloody rollerskaters, Mike. Holding up traffic without a care. They don't pay road tax and they should get jobs.

Top Bottom