Park Tool PCS-9 Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dataretriever

I've got a fairly new Park Tool PCS-9 Workstand but the clamp assembly is jammed in. I've tried percussive therapy (rubber mallet) on both the threaded rod at the back and on the lip of the main clamp to try and unstick it but no joy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can unstick it so it revolves again?

e-rider

crappy member
Do you mean that the clamp will not rotate?

I'm guessing that you do because this is a well known fault with this stand. Loosen off the rear lever, put a bike in the clamp (perhaps not your best one) and use the bike to rotate the clamp.

Once freed, grease the inside to prevent it happening again (although it will because it's a design issue)

Does anyone else think that Park Tools' quality sometimes leaves a bit to be desired? I had two of their chain scrubbers from SJS before I gave up and bought the Halfords one as the Park Tools one firstly broke after one use, and second was delivered with exactly the same part already broken.

OP
OP
dataretriever

dataretriever

Thanks for the advice, rather than using a bike, i used the garden rake and used the leverage. It appears water had got in and a tiny film of rust had formed between clamp and housing seizing the two surfaces. I've greased it and reassembled it and all seems ok now. Thanks

billiobob

Veteran
I keep a steel bar clamped in mine then release the rear lever and twist the clamp clockwise to free it up. I have greased the internals but it still sticks.

billiobob

Veteran
Has anyone got a work around for fixing the clamp of the Park Tool Pcs9 to a bench? I have insufficient space in my small shed for the legs. I have bodged it with some G clamps on the bench leg but this is not as firmly fixed as I would like. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom