Parking for Wembley Stadium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Me and the family are travelling up to Wembley stadium next Saturday for the Harry Styles concert, ( I'm just the driver, not going in ).
We are travelling up by car and would like some advice for the best place to park and then tube or train into the stadium. We'll be arriving from the M4 West direction.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Best go by train all the way. Or you could find which stations go to Wembley Park but a bit further out and park on the road there.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
A long time ago, I drove my daughter and about 5 of her friends to see a Take That concert. There was plenty of parking, in the grounds, walking distance from the stadium. I stayed in the car all the time too.

My daughter is 42 now and she was still at school when I took them, so parking could have changed. Give the stadium a ring.

steverob

Guru
There's been a LOT of building work around Wembley in the past few years - most of the nearby parts that used to be car parks have now had large blocks of flats or an entertainment/shopping district built upon them.

I've suggested Hillingdon station on the Met line to @Spartak in a different thread - there are closer stations, but I'm less sure on the size of their car parks, so I'll cede if someone has better local knowledge.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There are (at least) two convenient stations - Wembley Station (Chiltern) and Wembley Park TfL - Metropolitan line). All the stations serving them beyond the M25 have decent parking, and some inside.

Have a look at Gerrard's Cross, Beaconsfield or High Wycombe for Stadium and Uxbridge, Amersham, Chalfont & Latimer, Chorleywood, Rickmansworth or Moor Park for Park.

You'll need to do the research on strikes, engineering works, timetables, train price and car parking price to see which is best.

[Edit] I should have said - train prices will be cheapest if you're in Oyster territory (although any contactless bank card works for an adult - don't know about kids.). That's the Met line - a weekend single from Amersham will be about £4.50 . Oddly enough I don't know anything about parking!

Last edited:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I agree with steverob .Hillingdon is probably best choice coming from west , if it is full Ruislip and Northwood would be alternatives . The problem with using stations at the far flung reaches of the Met line ( Amersham and Chalfont) is service frequency and travel time at the end of the concert.
My suggestion if your prepared to navigate the outer Burbs of North West London is Stanmore,a large car park a 10 minute train journey with a frequent service .

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Two of my friends (ok the only two I have, but let's not dwell on it!:unsure:) went to see Pink last week at some venue in I think Bolton. Not together but with their partners. One friend is 61, the other 60. They said the parking was terrible and it took over an hour to get off the car park. I wasn't really interested in that, more that two blokes in their 60's went to see Pink!!!:rofl:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Two of my friends (ok the only two I have, but let's not dwell on it!:unsure:) went to see Pink last week at some venue in I think Bolton. Not together but with their partners. One friend is 61, the other 60. They said the parking was terrible and it took over an hour to get off the car park. I wasn't really interested in that, more that two blokes in their 60's went to see Pink!!!:rofl:

She's a heck of an artist and a heck of an individual. Much time and respect for her.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Me and the family are travelling up to Wembley stadium next Saturday
Sorry to be pedantic about such a triviality, but I got pulled up last week on CC about my spelling of flower chutes, :blush: shoots, so I now feel the need to be a bit pedantic myself. Ok, here we go! To travel from Bristol to London you go across the country, not 'up'. This makes me think of that Panorama documentary made in the late 1970's about Millwall FC's hooligan gangs. One thicko said words to the affect of "Yeah, we're going to f..k..g Bristol Rovers to kick some f..k..g northern ponces heads in"!:ninja: Thicko thought Bristol was 'up north'!!:giggle:

QrXv3UrLDOw79DXikt0abkRQZWwEx8?scale=1&h=200&w=652.png

Please accept my apologies if you are travelling up up to London from a south of London area and don't actually live in Bristol!!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Sorry to be pedantic about such a triviality, but I got pulled up last week on CC about my spelling of flower chutes, shoots, so I now feel the need to be a bit pedantic myself. Ok, here we go! To travel from Bristol to London you go across the country, not 'up'. This makes me think of that Panorama documentary made in the late 1970's about Millwall FC's hooligan gangs. One thicko said words to the affect of "Yeah, we're going to f..k..g Bristol Rovers to kick some f..k..g northern ponces heads in"!:ninja: Thicko thought Bristol was 'up north'!!:giggle:

View attachment 694326
Please accept my apologies if you are travelling up up to London from a south of London area and don't actually live in Bristol!!

Suspect our poster colleague is using the railway terminology. Trains always go up to London and down when travelling away from London.

Top Bottom