Part works magazines.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Have you had one of these in the passed,there have been,hms vicory,a radio controlled car,a plane,i bet the list goes on.
Iv also just seen the flying scotsman one thats been advertised lately on the tv,whats your thoughts on it?

gavintc

Guru
Whatever floats your boat.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Very few people who start buying part works go the distance. There was recently one which let you build a radio controlled model of the Bismark, the total cost would have been nearly £800. As said, going to a model shop is much cheaper.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Seeing as your all putting it like that,ill give it a miss:smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Making models is an enjoyable pastime, even better if you can fly/sail/drive what you make. If model-making interest you, find a good local model-shop and start from there,they're usually run by enthusiasts who will hopefully get you started on something worthwhile for a lot less cash than the Flying Scotsman.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Airfix are still great. Me and my 8 year-old lad have done a few (Spitfire, Hurricane, Messershmit and WIP a Sunderland flying boat), my daughter also did a Ford Focus rally car. Good honest interactive fun with the kids and not a TV/Monitor screen in sight.

Revell also do a range of high quality snap-together kits which are brilliant for kids, not only aircraft and stuff but Star-Wars as well, no glue, lots of colour and detail. Keeps 'em amused for hours!

Top Bottom