Partial groupset - Campag - wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Any decent retailers out there sell partial Campagnolo groupsets (I don't want brakes or crankset or BB) without the prices being the sum of the rrp of the individual bits?

Or am I better off buying whole set new and then trying to flog the unwanted bits on here/fleabay etc..

Sharky

Guru
Gb cycles.have bought a few bits from here in the past.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Two hours of googling eventually found the record 10 speed shifters, rear mech and front mech I was after at prices that didn't make me wince. Sorted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Two hours of googling eventually found the record 10 speed shifters, rear mech and front mech I was after at prices that didn't make me wince. Sorted.
My Cannondale's 10 speed Chorus shifters are the previous year's Record design rebadged. They are excellent.

I got 12 year's of trouble-free use from the shifters before the right one finally started to lose its indexing 'click'. I found a useful Campagnolo video on YouTube showing how to disassemble the shifter and was subsequently able to restore it to its original excellence. I hope to get another 12 years of use from it.

It is handy being able to trim the position of the front mech using the multiple click positions of the left shifter - no more chain rub.

PS If you ever find that you need a wider range of gears ... It might interest you that I managed to convert my 10 speed system to a triple chainset using the original shifters and derailleurs.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My Cannondale's 10 speed Chorus shifters are the previous year's Record design rebadged. They are excellent.

I got 12 year's of trouble-free use from the shifters before the right one finally started to lose its indexing 'click'. I found a useful Campagnolo video on YouTube showing how to disassemble the shifter and was subsequently able to restore it to its original excellence. I hope to get another 12 years of use from it.

It is handy being able to trim the position of the front mech using the multiple click positions of the left shifter - no more chain rub.

PS If you ever find that you need a wider range of gears ... It might interest you that I managed to convert my 10 speed system to a triple chainset using the original shifters and derailleurs.
I've actually gone the other way, from Campag race triple, donated from my previous bike, to my current SRampagnolo setup, Apex Compact chainset, on a Hope BB, with race triple mechs F+R and veloce shifters. But the mechs and shifters are a bit low rent for the Sunday best Equilibrium 853 frame, and the long cage rear mech just looks weird, so whilst I'm swapping the wheels out I thought I'd treat the best bike to some more upmarket bits. 29 on the cassette gets me up everything local with a bit of prayer and some swearing. ;)

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
PS being a big unit I am staying clear of 11 speed for now, adjudging it to be racing snake kit only.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nothing wrong with 11 speed. The chains are not, repeat, not, weaker or shorter-lived. You could have gone to a 32t on the cassette....
But I don't (yet) need 32t on the cassette, and I don't (yet) have sprocket count envy ;)

Top Bottom