Parts of a destroyed Giant Defy 4.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shippers

Back in Feb, I managed to kill my bike. I hit a fiat driven by a very sorry lady.

Now I've finished paying for it- bike to work scheme- I can get rid of it!

Most of it is fairly servicable, and I'm open to offers generally- keep the offers reasonably low; if you can collect in Wakefield it'll make my life easier. If not I'll post if the costs aren't too high.

The parts that died are:
Forks.
Frame.

The front whell has a very slight wobble in it which is probably repairable.

The bits that are available are;

The rest.

There was a significant impact on the right side of the handlebars, and that brake/gear handle is bent inwards, but I can't see any damage to either the bar or the brakes, even after stripping the tape.
I'm also sadly not clever enough to take them off the the handlebars, so I guess the bars and brakes are a set.

The chain is rusty and probably needs to go.

PM me or just reply with quieries.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Hi Shippers, what chainset/BB combo does it have on it? I'm in the market for a compact and Hollowtech 2 type BB.

OP
OP
shippers

shippers

fungus

Veteran
Shippers if you look at the outside of your brake levers there is a little indent, inside there is an allen key bolt for the removal off said levers :thumbsup: Any other queries just post them on here & I wil help you out.

fungus

Veteran
p.s. sent a PM...interested!

If it's a triple it'll be a 2010 model as the 2009 had a compact. & i don't think we have the 2011 models yet.

Edit: I have the 09 model + 2 other Giant's TCR 2 road & ATX 840 Mtb which is why I know a litle bit about them.

montage

God Almighty
If it's a triple it'll be a 2010 model as the 2009 had a compact. & i don't think we have the 2011 models yet.

Ah, cheers.

I hadn't followed the link either which clearly says 2010 model - oops

Thanks again

OP
OP
shippers

shippers

Yup, it's the 2010- bought just as they were coming out last August. I'll try to get some photo's up, but I've still getting bits off the bike.
Thanks for the tip there Fungus. I may well pester you! I'll check my PMs now...

fungus

Veteran
OP
OP
shippers

shippers

Why can't I add photo's from my computer!? When I hit the "add photos" button it asks for a URL!
Irritating!

I have photos available of the main areas that were damaged- you can get a reasonable idea of what's what from them. If you want them, PM me an e-mail address.

As I've said to someone via PM, the frame has been written off, and Edinburgh Bicycle Coop wouldn't sell me the forks to get it back on the road, even though they knew the bike had been replaced and I wasn't going to buy a new one from them. I think it must be really knackered!

Actually, the forks are shown in my profile pic.

montage

God Almighty
hmmm, you can add attatchments somehow.
Or to get round the Url problem, sign up to something like photobucket or imageshack and you can upload all the photos there and then copy and paste the Url accross to here :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Why can't I add photo's from my computer!? When I hit the "add photos" button it asks for a URL!
Irritating!

You can ... but you have to use the FULL EDITOR.

Under the Attachments section at the bottom, click to add your photos, and then on the right hand side you can click to include them in your post.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
shippers

shippers

You can ... but you have to use the FULL EDITOR.

Under the Attachments section at the bottom, click to add your photos, and then on the right hand side you can click to include them in your post.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Thanks, Shaun! Knew there must be a way!

Top Bottom