Parts of a destroyed Giant Defy 4.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
shippers

shippers

Try again...

Attachments

• bent_handlebars.jpg
    bent_handlebars.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 73

montage

God Almighty
I'd hacksaw the handlebar just above the brake to get it off once the bolt has been loosened.

That is one hell of an impact, glad your ok.

Hmmm why would it need hacksawing?
From what I can see, the shifter has just twisted where it is clamped on. With no damage to the shifter and handlebars then there doesnt seem to be any sense in hacksawing away and usable componants, unless I am picturing this wrong

fungus

Veteran
Hmmm why would it need hacksawing?
From what I can see, the shifter has just twisted where it is clamped on. With no damage to the shifter and handlebars then there doesnt seem to be any sense in hacksawing away and usable componants, unless I am picturing this wrong

Yeh sorry!!! it's just the lever that is bent I was looking at it as if the bars had bent, my bad!!! I'll have to get some glasses.

OP
OP
shippers

shippers

To be fair, it looked to me like the bars were bent, but having taken the tape away they look fine.
It put me in hospital and cost the ladys insurance company a few grand, but nothing long term wrong. Couple of decent scars here and there.

Couldn't say off hand what width the bars are. I'll go and measure this evening.

Top Bottom