Partworks magazines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I swear that must of been the attraction when I were a lad, either that or the paint fumes. Mind all I ever got were the crappy tiny ones, not the big complex months to painstakingly craft ones. (I was always on me bike anyway)

classic33

Leg End Member
That's the weekend entertainment sorted then.................................. Glue Sniffing :whistle:
Not forgetting the paint & thinners!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I thought I'd might start a Partworks magazine for a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. You get one piece every month and various articles in the magazine giving you a clue as to what the puzzle might be. I think it's got legs.
Nah give em a chance, 3 pieces a month (just make sure they're nowhere near each other for the first year but the first issue gives a central group of a hint of cleavage or the face of the baby Jesus, you could actually do it with 1 jigsaw of "Madonna and child" just market it accordingly :whistle:)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
By coincidence I was told to help tidy the front room yesterday.

I've got five unopened Revell/Airfix kits and a half finished Lancaster bomber.
I've got an unbuilt Euro Fighter kit in a cupboard upstairs....somewhere among the loads of Subbuteo gear and enough N Gauge railway equipment to go round every room in the house.

I really must grow up.

subaqua

What’s the point
I've got an unbuilt Euro Fighter kit in a cupboard upstairs....somewhere among the loads of Subbuteo gear and enough N Gauge railway equipment to go round every room in the house.

I really must grow up.
no. refuse steadfastly. its more fun being a grown up child. 42 now and still refusing here.

and currently have a Vulcan, victor and Vaillant ready to build. and a Seaking, and also a Battle of Britain set. thats me sorted for the winter months in the evenings.

stephec

Legendary Member

I really must grow up.
I've got one of those courtesy of the brother in law.

After buying it he brought it round after the novelty wore off and asked me to build it, it's included in my five unbuilt. :smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My mate runs a model shop, I help out.
There was a partwork offering a radio controlled Spitfire. It cost far more to complete than buying an equivalent model, engine & radio gear as well as taking about 2 years to complete the build.
When you also consider that the parts were cheap & nasty and a Spitfire is not a plane to learn to fly on I would advise against them!!
That would be the DeGonasty one. Test flew one for a chap who spent far too much for what it was. Flew ok, but didn't look the part and was a non-starter as a training model.
Work colleagues kids did a Harry Potter one year's ago, rather than buy each mag he spoke to the publisher who gladly sold him all the bits for rather a lot less...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 3252442, member: 259"]I used to make model gliders. The amount of dope I got through was unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

The amount of dope that I got through in my youth was unbelievable until I discovered aeromodelling and cellulose nitrate.

Top Bottom