Pashley Urban clubman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

headcoat

Über Member
Should be getting my Pashley over the next few day :smile:

Now the hunt is on for affordable and the right look accessories, like seat bag, lights, pump, clothes, these all seem to be really expensive...can anyone recommend some that have the look and style but don't cost the earth.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
...says the man who's just dropped £900 on something that could be knocked up for £150.

As soon as you go for look and style over functionality you're looking at things aimed at London fakengers with more money than sense.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Surely you must buy the correct Pashley kit? - as for clothing I'm sure Rapha will have something suitable, or here. I mean, you can't ride it in Lidl or Aldi kit, can you?

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
...says the man who's just dropped £900 on something that could be knocked up for £150.

As soon as you go for look and style over functionality you're looking at things aimed at London fakengers with more money than sense.
£750 actually :smile:

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
Surely you must buy the correct Pashley kit? - as for clothing I'm sure Rapha will have something suitable, or here. I mean, you can't ride it in Lidl or Aldi kit, can you?
Thanks for the info....that Rapha stuff is pricey. I will keep looking for similar stuff, and start ditching my Lidl/aldi clothes

HovR

Über Member

If you can build up a 531 framed bike, pristine paintwork, perfectly polished wheels/stem etc, wheels build up with SA hubs and hub brakes with leather saddle and bar tape for £150 then I'd be extremely impressed.

Absolutely love the bike, headcoat.

As far as a matching saddle bag goes, I reckon' this Brooks Toolbag would look pretty good. Not exactly cheap though..

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
Thanks guys...I'm paying any attention to srw, each to their own and I got a great deal on this one! Trouble is I misread the delivery and its not until mid Oct :sad:

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
HGTA vehicle of the future.jpg

Of course if one is going to ride a Pashley, one should dress properly for the occasion. The tie may be loosened on inclines to avoid unseemly perspiration.

Top Bottom