Passed CBT :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Just got back from doing my CBT, having been up at 6 this morning! Well and truely shattered, got sweat dripping down my face (a combination of thick motorcycle gear and cycling to and from the centre in very hot sun).

But I passed....and can now upgrade to a motorbike! Suppose I'll have to find mbikechat now :laugh:.

Oh....and I wouldn't of know the answer to the first question of the highway code bit if it wasn't for wasting tooo much time in commuting....all about "right of way". :sad:

Anyway. I need a beer and a shower (The motorcycle gear I borrowed....was a little bit stinky to say the least :laugh:).

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Wicked! Well done. Give us a wheelie!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Congrats. :laugh:

But CBT = Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. And whilst I get a bit better at it I never am 100%.

Have a look on the back of your licence...there is a warning to women drivers.

The bit which says "FKP" stands for Female Kill People :sad::laugh: (sorry ladies!)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
snorri said:
CBT also = Computer Based Training
but after some Googling I'm sure the OP has successfully undergone Compulsory Basic Training.
Well done Thomas.:sad:

Yep! I can now ride a motorbike with L plates :laugh:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
rsvdaz said:
can you actually fail it?
its not strictly a test..more of a course

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Ah - so a pedal cyclist with a bit of experience would be up to speed on this??

You can't "fail" it, but if you aren't good enough you do have to go back for more training....so basically, you can fail although they say you can't. It is hard to. There was a girl on the course and she did. That was just her not being confident enough rather than anything else.

At the end of it I was still stalling and slipping the clutch, but it's much more about just being aware of your surroundings and showing a bit of road sense, as well as being able to operate the bike correctly, most of the time...That all comes with a bit of time practising.

I'd say anyone with some road experience and/or who has some confidence will be fine and "pass it" after the day.

Two things I have learnt though. I have become a little oblivious to speed limit signs, having not driven for a few years....and I need to remember to switch the indicator off (You can't really forget to put your hand down :sad:).

rsvdaz

are you going for your "full" licence?
I did this via a Direct Access 5 day intensive course...was blinkin hard I can tell you...a I think its got recently harder

Norm

Congrats, Thomas, very cool - but please, no Hogs. :sad:

The final stages have got harder recently... but then I was the last person to pass under the even easier rules on 31 December 1996, after my test was rescheduled to New Year's Eve because we had snow on my previous test date in mid-December.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Norm said:
Congrats, Thomas, very cool - but please, no Hogs. :laugh:

I was only joking :laugh:

I gave some mid-life crisis an ironic 'go longhorns' sign as he raced by on his shiny new Hog today and got an appreciative nod* in return.

*suppose it could've been a feck off you tosser look - I was wheeling my granny shopper home from Saino's at the time. :sad:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
rsvdaz said:
are you going for your "full" licence?
I did this via a Direct Access 5 day intensive course...was blinkin hard I can tell you...a I think its got recently harder

XmisterIS said:
Congrats Thomas! Are you going to go for a 125 or straight to more lessons, test and then a big bike?

I've already bought myself a Honda C90 cub for over summer. I think I might find it a little bit under powered when I get used to it, but the insurance is about £300 less than a 125cc motorbike like the Honda CG125.

Plan is to ride around on that over summer and then kinda decide what I want to do. At the moment I am tempted to do a short course and do the tests, for just a standard licence. As I'm under 21 I can't ride a big bike yet anyway.

I'll probably wait until I am back in Norwich when UNI starts and try and sort it out then. I was pleased with the place today and price wise they seem better than a lot.

Top Bottom