Passengers shouting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I had a woman beeping and swearing at me for pulling into the cycle reservoir at the lights (yeah, really), even though the lights were very much red (and these lights are one red for AGES!)

I ignored her at first, but she kept doing it, so I turned around pointed at her and then mimed eating a box of chocolates whilst crying and then ballooning in weight (she was a bit hefty). She shut up then, And looked a bit sad.

Brilliant :biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Now THAT persuades me to get one - pronto. :whistle:

funny, I was thinking the exact opposite

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I had a woman beeping and swearing at me for pulling into the cycle reservoir at the lights (yeah, really), even though the lights were very much red (and these lights are one red for AGES!)

I ignored her at first, but she kept doing it, so I turned around pointed at her and then mimed eating a box of chocolates whilst crying and then ballooning in weight (she was a bit hefty). She shut up then, And looked a bit sad.

Miaow

400bhp

Guru

Quality :biggrin:

Thomk

Guru

I don't know what's wrong with me but I now feel sorry for the tubby, angry, now slightly sad woman in the car. If you see her again please give her a smile :bicycle: :girl: :smile:

Jezston

Über Member
I do like that story, but the cynic in me suspects this is something you thought of afterwards and whished you done at the time ;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...

Street?

:evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Last week I had a passenger stick his arm out to stop me filtering down the inside in a traffic que. He had a bit of a shock when I didn't stop and his arm bounced back off my shoulder :whistle:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I once had a van overtake me and the passenger leaned out of the window holding an old telephone exclaiming 'Its for you!'. Surreal :biggrin:

I've never had people try to slap me but on one occasion, I stopped to let a chavmobile ( small hatchback full of teen chavs) through a double parked bit of road. As they passed, some twat in the rear leaned out of the window and spat lemonade into my face. I wished I had caught up with them 'cos I know exactly where I wanted to insert my U-lock :angry: .

Since getting a helmet cam, nothing much seems to happen on my commute :blush:

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
I had a taxi driver giving me some horn aggro on the way into work the other morning. Approaching a pinch point, I'd taken primary to avoid being squished and also to overtake another cyclist. Said taxi driver decided to pull right up behind us both and gave it a good long blast. I turned round and gave a good, long stare of disapproval; he started effin' and jeffin'. I invited him to pull over and he proceded to have a bit of a rant about me "taking up the whole road" or something similar. I asked if if he had a complaint to make, as I only work at the police headquarters around the corner, and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with him at length, along with some of my colleagues.

Then he shut up.

Had a car pass me a few weeks back, with the passenger hanging out of the window and shouting w**ker as they passed. A bit further down the road they where stopped outside a shop, so i hopped up onto the pavement and went to the passenger window.
The young lad (about 20-23) was already looking embarassed. I just said calmly, 'I bet you cant wait to tell your friends how tough you are, calling a cyclist a w**ker and running away. I wish I had the bottle to do something like that!'
By this time he is bright red and trying to close the window (which he could'nt as his mate was in the shop with the keys and the windows were electric) and trying not to look at me. Anyway as I pedalled away I added 'who is the w**ker now!'

I have to say that i was slightly worried that they may try something silly if they passed me again. But I just couldnt help myself lol. Anyway they did pass me, and what a perfect overtake it was.

machew

Veteran
Had a car over take me on my recumbent trIke, and as the car passed the passenger shouted "Get a proper ****ing bike".

Top Bottom