Passive Agressive Cyclists (Manchester)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm not keen on red light jumpers either.

But don't sit on their back wheel like some sub-standard club racer to "teach them a lesson" you ****wit. Unless you really need the tow up the minor gradient by Owens Park.

dondare

Über Member
Acronoym for "Passive Agressive Cyclists (Manchester)" : PACMAN

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dondare said:
Acronoym for "Passive Agressive Cyclists (Manchester)" : PACMAN
That's excellent Dondare - if I see this chap up to his tricks again, I shall put that to him as my opening gambit.

This bloke was an inch (if that) off the wheel of the rider that had irked him, so much so that I assumed they knew each other. Once the drafter rode off, I caught up with the draftee and it turned out that no, she didn't know the drafter, and yes, he was just being a bellend. I shall be having a word if I see him again, I think.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Why would anyone care if someone tailgated them on a bike? If there's contact, it's almost always the person behind who goes down.

That guy was obviously very stupid as well as having a bad attitude, not realising that he was leaving himself incredibly vulnerable to a crash.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The RLJs I tend to see are the annoying ones that then ride at 5mph so not really worth drafting. Never understood it, if you're in that much of a rush to get to work/home pedal faster.

JtM, just draft him for ooh I don't know, about 5 miles, that should really p**s him off. :smile:

chap

Veteran
John the Monkey said:
RLJ could have been a student, I guess, although out at 7:20am?

Fella doing the intimidation would have been 40s, I guess, certainly grey haired.

What an idiot.

A grown, and apparently mature, man piously stalking a young woman, thus endangering not only his but her safety, so as to teach her a lesson over a comparatively trivial action.

Chances are that this goon is a complete coward in a confrontation (not recommended) with another man, and yet he finds it satisfying to try and intimidate those he understands to be vulnerable. Both qualities are repulsive, and people like him disgust me. :ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
if some bloke that i didn't know sat on my wheel, i would think only one thing and that would be sexual harrassment.

Top Bottom