Patella Tendonitis/Tendonosis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Plastic tool massage is called Graston. Best talk to physio before embarking on anything like this :smile:

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah I'm going to see him today.

ayceejay

Guru
Just because ..here is an MRI scan of a normal knee
nor
KNEECA_1big.jpg
mal knee.

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah the black bits are the patella ligament / tendon and the meniscus (the black triangles between the bones)

Looking at other MRI's mine does seem a lot sharper, not sure if this is the equipment or something about my knee or just luck.

You can see how much thicker the tendon is below the kneecap on mine and the whiteness is the inflammation i think it shows more up on this one as it's the fat saturated proton density image. On the T2 fat sat images it a little less clear.

ayceejay

Guru
That knee looks halowe'en ready vickster sometimes it's best not to know eh?
My dentist has a new toy: a scanner that he puts in your mouth and the result shows up on the computer, I kept telling him - I trust what you see - but now that image of the devastation and the cost to put it right will haunt me.

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yup that's the same, sagittal (slices through the knee from side to side) and PD (positron density) you see the text in the top left.

Yours has a cool coronal location view as well so you can see where the slice is taken, can't work out how to get that on my viewer yet.

Will swap patella tendons with you, your's looks in great nick!

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Swap you my spiky fibula for your tendon...tendons easier to sort than bones :sad:

That's just the default view on the disc I got. I've no idea what you are talking about otherwise (guessing you are a medic of some sort)

@ayceejay if it was swollen, I'd dress my knee up as a pumpkin :biggrin:

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
I work in a hospital but i'm not a medic, I worked on the technical attributes of the procurement of a new digital X-ray system so I had to gen up on the tech behind it all.

MRI's are taken on 3 planes, axial, coronal, and sagittal.

If you have the full disc of your MRI then you can use a program like http://www.microdicom.com/ to view all the views and slices.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I have that and have looked through but I have no idea what I'm looking for. On the left knee, the cartilage defect on the thigh bone is really obvious however :sad:

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
Consultant confirms it's patella tendonitis has offered injection ostemil plus. No offer of physio at the moment. Lesser I know what I'm dealing with.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had ostenil plus, usually for arthritis, not tendon issues. PRP normally for soft tissue inflammation or cortisone jab, from when I had my tennis elbow

On my mri, nothing of major concern, treatment is slow down and much less cycling!

OP
OP
jarlrmai

jarlrmai

Veteran
I've had ostenil plus, usually for arthritis, not tendon issues. PRP normally for soft tissue inflammation or cortisone jab, from when I had my tennis elbow

On my mri, nothing of major concern, treatment is slow down and much less cycling!

Yeah I don't this consultant cares unless he can do some surgery.

Glad to hear your MRI is clear, bad luck on the less cycling though it beats my no cycling at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think ideally it would be no cycling, but I can't deal with that :smile:

MRI not clear but no major abnormality, nothing to be overly concerned about apparently but there are degenerative changes in the tender area. I'll have a copy of the report tomorrow. Overloading deemed to be the main cause of the discomfort

Top Bottom