pathfinder build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

For years i have drooled over images of path racers and wanted one but didn't like the idea of a single gear. So with this in mind i thought i would build one myself trying to keep the budget under £100.
I thought i would share the build with you kind people as I know you like to share in a mans triumphs and hair loss (not much left but ho hum). So here goes
First the frame a Rudge Pathfinder (name suits) bought for £12.50
DSC_1631.JPG
DSC_1632.JPG

The donor bike with hub brakes and rdx 5 speed cost £21.01
DSC_1634.JPG

Finally a nice period Lepper saddle bought from the very nice man when i picked up the frame for £10
DSC_1635.JPG

So far the cost is £41.50. I won't count any parts in my spares box.
Next is a strip down of the Dawes and a dry fit of all parts to see what's needed will keep you updated if anyone is interested.
Disclaimer: the garden is a mess do to ongoing work and a future shed installation.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@scarygerbil i keep looking for a Coventry Rudge but so far i have struggled to find one at a fair cost

your build looks like it could be fun keep them coming

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

porteous

Veteran
Looks like you have the original wheels with rear 4 speed hub and dyno hub on the front. Probably about a 1956 frame.

Standard brake cables are still cheap and lots on e-bay, just trim the outer sleeve and inner cable to the length you want at the brake end.

I have rebuilt four of these, they are addictive and a very nice ride. Good luck with the rebuild.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

the wheels came from a dawes graduate and are a five speed rear both hub brake. I know its not period correct but i wanted something fun with a modern twist

Top Bottom