Patrick Stevens AKA Cycling Naturalist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I bet the takings of Steve in Chirk have taken a dive....

Blimey, @Fab Foodie - you've one hell of a memory to remember something like that, especially as you don't live in the locality as I do.

Yes, Patrick was very fond of Steve's pies (IIRC).

Sadly, Steve passed away about 5 years ago - he was only in his mid-60s; Patrick himself was 68 - sober reading for those of us who aren't that far behind - after the age of 50, the years seem to speed by much more quickly !

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Oh no!! That's sad news, RIP Patrick.

I loved reading his Sunday lunch recipes.

Condolences to his friends and family

Yes, I remember his recipes - you've a good memory to remember those, because it must be 4 or 5 years since he last posted on here.

stephec

Legendary Member
Speaking of Chirk and pies, there's a butchers in town that makes their own and they're absolutely delish, just don't go on a Monday as they're not open then.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I hope so too.

I seem to recall that Night Train was married to Arch wearing a pair of old school welding goggles (amongst other things, of course) that he'd found on Ebay. He said that the type he had normally went for a lot, but almost nobody else bidded on the auction and was a bit confused why they ended up being so cheap.

I also remember his story of digging up a garden just to find a leak in a sewerage pipe or similar. He'd only dug up half the lawn! 😆

Last edited:

redcogs

Guru
Patrick was a true gent. He and i were polar opposites politically, yet he was unstintingly generous and replete with human decency. i do not travel the cycling path these days (old and infirm) but i have many fond memories of 'run ins' with Patrick. Whenever things had become too heated, he would often send me a personal email to smooth things. A valuable lesson actually. RIP my old pal.. Condolences to all those touched by his passing.

Nice to see you redcogs, one cannot but endorse your thoughts. Keep well.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I never met Patrick but he always came across as a nice fellow. I'm sorry to read that he has died.

As regards Arch and Night Train, I believe @ColinJ may have bumped into them on his manor a few years ago.
I met them both a couple of times. Also nice, er, fellows.

I seem to recall that Night Train was married to Arch wearing a pair of old school welding goggles (amongst other things, of course) that he'd found on Ebay
He is wearing them in this picture that I took of the couple on the eponymous Hebden Bridge...

1689505278209.png

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Patrick was a true gent. He and i were polar opposites politically, yet he was unstintingly generous and replete with human decency. i do not travel the cycling path these days (old and infirm) but i have many fond memories of 'run ins' with Patrick. Whenever things had become too heated, he would often send me a personal email to smooth things. A valuable lesson actually. RIP my old pal.. Condolences to all those touched by his passing.

Hello Redders!

Top Bottom