Patron Saint of Cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
He is but he doesn't have to be! There are non-catholic saints (depends on your definition).

The protestants don't seem to have been to up on making saints. Someone I know who did history and 17th century stuff reckoned William Laud was made a saint - he must have been the last. A somewhat strange choice to say the least though.

Maz

Guru
How about a non-Catholic Patron Saint with my middle name?
St. Mohammed, anyone?

Maz said:
How about a non-Catholic Patron Saint with my middle name?
St. Mohammed, anyone?

Plenty of room for an Allahgory then Maz...

"And Youssef begat one bike. Then another to satisfy his desires. It weren't not long after tha' when he wanted another - nice black one - so he had 'er and cherished her until he saw sense, and was given a dowry to go carbon. Not long after that he happened upon a nice pair of Ti.Ts St Mohammed was seeing the light yet the thought of a '72 virgin Colnago was too much...hur hur"

ChrisKH

Guru
marinyork said:
He is but he doesn't have to be! There are non-catholic saints (depends on your definition).

The protestants don't seem to have been to up on making saints. Someone I know who did history and 17th century stuff reckoned William Laud was made a saint - he must have been the last. A somewhat strange choice to say the least though.

There were plenty of saints who put it about a bit before going all godlike. So you're in with a shout marinyork. :biggrin:

Top Bottom