Paul Milnes crosser and GT Timberline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Stolen last night from our Garage in South Shields Tyneside...the first and only break in we have had in the 15 years living here.:biggrin:
The Paul milnes cyclocrosser is virtually new-purchased through our Uni's cycles scheme in November-only used half-a-dozen times - this chronic winter.
The steel GT timberline has sentimental value done 12+ thousand of miles on her; C2C twice etc etc. Its non standard with Kona P2 rigid forks, richley components mavic wheels etc so it was a nicely sorted steel all round MTB (sob!)

Will keep eyes open on e-bay etc.... any of you on tyneside get in touch if you spot them..I have the baseball bat ready.

[ATTACH=full]184000[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]184001[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 11vr7g9.jpg
    11vr7g9.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 35jzdvn.jpg
    35jzdvn.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Feck.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Fuck. Sorry to hear this, Gary. I was hoping to see your nice new crosser on the FNRttC North. :biggrin: Are you bikeless?

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Thanks for the sympathy folks...I have one bike left, GT Avalanche and trying to work out how I can get the child seat fitted when the bike has a top-pull mech an the seat tube (cable in the way, my other bike was bottom pull)
The insurance pay out, as ever, could be a while......

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That really sucks... Insurance or otherwise, it's always bad losing a bike, and never pleasant to be burgled. At least they didn't take the little 'un's bike...

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Update;
I have been given two vouchers totalling a grand by my house insurance co to replace these bikes; the snag is they are halfords vouchers......:biggrin:

mr Mag00

rising member
can they do that? the vouchers i mean, i was told on here when i had n insurance claim i ended up with PCworld vouchers :laugh: and i am sure i was told they cannot do that, theyc annot stipulate where you spend your money

longers

Legendary Member
I did this with my insurers when they said to use Halfords, they gave in after a while.

I was hoping the thread resurrection was to do with you getting them back :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Flying_Monkey said:
Gary, I would tell them you want the cash as specified in the policy if you don't want to go to Halfords - vouchers are not acceptable.

I sent them back- after an argument with the insurance co- a few weeks ago.
Still waiting for cheque (which they said would be £150 less than vouchers for some administrative swindle reason)

Aviva (ok when Norwich union) will not be getting any more custom from me. ;)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Gary Askwith said:
I sent them back- after an argument with the insurance co- a few weeks ago.
Still waiting for cheque (which they said would be £150 less than vouchers for some administrative swindle reason)

Aviva (ok when Norwich union) will not be getting any more custom from me. ;)

What a shower of bastards. Have you thought about the replacement plan yet? Don't forget we'd be delighted to see you on the FNRttC (North) on June 18 if you can make it... :smile:

Top Bottom