paula radcliffe wins again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

domtyler said:
Hmmm, I'm not too sure if you can be 'talented' at running? Sure there is technique involved but sheer athletic fitness, speed, endurance and stamina seem to be the overriding qualifications necessary to win marathons.

Surely a huge dose of natural ability comes into it though? I mean, I could follow Lance Armstrong's training program, but I ain't going to win the TdF.

Radcliffe was superb though - injury & child birth and then this!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Every picture I've seen today has shown her holding the baby, and triumphant in her running gear. I'm assuming she didn't do the whole race with the baby on her hip?;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Every picture I've seen today has shown her holding the baby, and triumphant in her running gear. I'm assuming she didn't do the whole race with the baby on her hip?;)

No, she gave birth at 15 miles and still went on to win. What a woman!!!!:smile:

User482 said:
Surely a huge dose of natural ability comes into it though? I mean, I could follow Lance Armstrong's training program, but I ain't going to win the TdF.

Radcliffe was superb though - injury & child birth and then this!

These people are built different to us mortals
26 miles in just over 2 hours thats about 11.5mph
That for me is a sprint which I could manage about 10 - 15 mins at that pace and I have been running for 3 years

Same as pro cyclists they must have a different technique for using energy which normal folk don't have or can't work out.

lifeson said:
These people are built different to us mortals
26 miles in just over 2 hours thats about 11.5mph
That for me is a sprint which I could manage about 10 - 15 mins at that pace and I have been running for 3 years

Same as pro cyclists they must have a different technique for using energy which normal folk don't have or can't work out.

Or drugs! Allegedly!

Top Bottom