Pavement cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clandy

[QUOTE 1101569"]

No sidetracking anywhere. It's how the thread developed. Clandy demanded evidence that had already been given to him. He dismissed it. Claimed that it was anecdotal. So I went straight to the horse's mouth.
[/quote]

Until you post links to references, your entire argument is anecdotal. maybe you need to get out of that armchair, actually get on a bicycle, and try out some real world cycling for a change. Then you might understand where those of us who object to pavement cycling are coming from.

400bhp

Guru
Take a step back from this thread.

Then read it.

The issues are relatively petty.

We all know the type of pavement cyclists who cause issue and none of them will post here.

adds21

Rider of bikes
Don't put words in my mouth. I do think it is about risk I just omitted to say so. I'll go further and say this, whenever I am walking and I see an adult riding ILLEGALLY on the pavement I will deliberately obstruct them and tell them to get in the road.
As I said previously, learn to ride on the road, and stop trying to justify breaking the law.

Would that include me, if you saw me riding on a rual pavement beside a busy, narrow A road, when you and I were the only ones on the pavement, and I gave you plenty of room?

If so, I can tell you now that my response would be two words, the second of which would be "off", and I'm generally a very laid back person.

Mark_Robson

It is not 'intimidation' to tell someone they are breaking the law and to get in the road.
If you deliberately obstruct someones path to confront them then I think that they may find you intimidating. And what are you going to do when they tell you to feck off? wrestle them to the ground and do a citizens arrest?

Clandy

. And what are you going to do when they tell you to feck off? wrestle them to the ground and do a citizens arrest?

Stand my ground as a pedestrian on a footpath and maintain they get in the road. Cycling on the pavement is ILLEGAL.

Highway Code rule #64: You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

It couldn't be simpler, or clearer.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Stand my ground as a pedestrian on a footpath and maintain they get in the road. Cycling on the pavement is ILLEGAL.

Highway Code rule #64: You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

It couldn't be simpler, or clearer.

Are you going to do that to the 5 year old? ... it is still illegal!

Jezston

Über Member
I expect any old bill witnessing such an altercation would be more likely to have words with yourself than the pavement cyclist.

I was going to wade in a few pages ago but now I'm enjoying myself too much
boxing.gif

Clandy

It is still illegal for them to cycle on the pavement. The law doesn't actually specify an age at which the rule doesn't apply - it literally says it is illegal.

Don't put words in my mouth. I do think it is about risk I just omitted to say so. I'll go further and say this, whenever I am walking and I see an adult riding ILLEGALLY on the pavement I will deliberately obstruct them and tell them to get in the road.
As I said previously, learn to ride on the road, and stop trying to justify breaking the law.

Dan B

Disengaged member
So it's OK to commit illegal acts when you're a child? Wish someone had told me that when I was 8

Top Bottom