Pavement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
three splendid replies
I didn't scan it. I did a search for figures, which everyone seems to want & came across that, as you see it. It is however readable.
The figures quoted in those letters were it seems given by a councillor, which the letter writers seem to dispute/call into question. Exactly what has been done here. However its the councils that collect this information and presumably pass it on when asked for at national level.
Your trust in the knowledge and expertise of councillors is touching.

It is council officers that collect data on all manner of things. A certain sort of councillors just spouts guff to suit their prejudices and often just make numbers up. Mr Circus is of that sort. Very much a "hard-pressed motorist" "scourge of pavement cyclist" type.

The letter writers were likely significantly better informed than him on the matter. The risk posed to pedestrians by pavement cyclists is vanishingly small. The risk posed to pedestrians by responsible pavement cyclists is zero.

classic33

Leg End Member
three splendid replies

Your trust in the knowledge and expertise of councillors is touching.

It is council officers that collect data on all manner of things. A certain sort of councillors just spouts guff to suit their prejudices and often just make numbers up. Mr Circus is of that sort. Very much a "hard-pressed motorist" "scourge of pavement cyclist" type.

The letter writers were likely significantly better informed than him on the matter. The risk posed to pedestrians by pavement cyclists is vanishingly small. The risk posed to pedestrians by responsible pavement cyclists is zero.
Take your blinkers off, read what was said then count the number of replies, again.
People asked for figures. I managed to find some and you're not pleased.
You know the councillor in question I take it!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Take your blinkers off, read what was said then count the number of replies, again.
People asked for figures. I managed to find some and you're not pleased.
You know the councillor in question I take it!
I'm well versed in the numbers. I repeat; The risk posed to pedestrians by pavement cyclists is vanishingly small. The risk posed to pedestrians by responsible pavement cyclists is zero.

Top Bottom