PAYG mobile sims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Giffgaff?

Will he mainly be calling people on one network? (In which case it might be an idea to look for a deal on the same network.)

I have 4 people in my circle on Giffgaff and we get free calls and texts to each other, subject to a £10 top-up every 3 months for calls/texts to other networks. When my credit builds up too much, I stop topping-up and do PAYG until I get back down to £10, then I buy another £10 top-up.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Giffgaff?

Will he mainly be calling people on one network? (In which case it might be an idea to look for a deal on the same network.)

I have 4 people in my circle on Giffgaff and we get free calls and texts to each other, subject to a £10 top-up every 3 months for calls/texts to other networks. When my credit builds up too much, I stop topping-up and do PAYG until I get back down to £10, then I buy another £10 top-up.

He phones a taxi to get home from the pub twice a week, hence the need for credit that doesn't expire. He's a sod for not chucking money away needlessly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Which do you use col?
Er, Giffgaff! :laugh:

They piggyback on the O2 network so he would need to get a decent O2 signal.

I think @potsy was using Tesco Mobile. Don't know if their credit expires.

I should explain my top-ups better ... I buy credit in £10 chunks which I can use to call people on other networks or landlines at 10p/min and texts at 6p/text. For 3 months after the top-up, I get free calls and texts to Giffgaff users. My credit does not expire so it builds up because I do not do £10 calls/texts to other networks in 3 months. When I get to about £30 worth of credit, I start spending it, and then begin topping-up tri-monthly again when I have dropped to about £10. It means I spend about £30 a year on the top-ups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
If he is using the phone it should not expire, only if he does not use it I though that happened.
Apparently whatever he doesn't use at the end of the 30 days from when he bought the credit gets wiped. Dunno.

He's 83, very much with it but 83.

Top Bottom