PayPal Account

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
PayPal is very handy for on line use, I ordered a laptop Battery from a supplier supposedly in the UK, that turned out to be in China, I gave them enough time to deliver from China but never received it, so claimed and received a refund from PayPal, I have also used it when selling bicycles face to face transactions with the buyers, use friends and family transfer so no fees to pay, check the transfer in your account before letting the bike go, I have also used it for sharing restaurant bills with friends , just send money to their email address.
I don't think you have anything to worry about, why not keep it in case you want another T shirt.
Keep the faith.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When there's a pay by PayPal link and you pay by CC there is always an option to set up a PP account but sometimes this is mandatory. In these cases it's impossible to make the payment without setting up a PP a/c.

I think it's how the vendor has set up the link.

I don't have a PP a/c so I've noticed this. Nothing against PP. I might get one one day if I can be bothered to find out what they do.

Jody

Stubborn git
Once I have received my purchase is there a well hidden option to close this PayPal account?

As others have said Paypal is really handy to have, offers quite a few protections for the buyer and lot's of retailers accept it for payments.

Wouldn't be surprised if my account is 2 decades old now and I've never had any issue.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
As others have said Paypal is really handy to have and offers quite a few protections for the buyer and lot's of retailers accept it for payments.

Wouldn't be surprised if my account is 2 decades old now and I'venever had any issue.

Likewise. I am actually quite miffed if I buy something from an online retailer and find they don’t use it and I have to rake out my debit card. :laugh:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had to rely on PayPal quite a few times, because Google Pay will not verify my account unless I send hard copies of ID to them! So PayPal comes in handy for online things when I'm not carrying my card

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
When there's a pay by PayPal link and you pay by CC there is always an option to set up a PP account but sometimes this is mandatory. In these cases it's impossible to make the payment without setting up a PP a/c.

I think it's how the vendor has set up the link.

I don't have a PP a/c so I've noticed this. Nothing against PP. I might get one one day if I can be bothered to find out what they do.

That explains what happened a lot better than I explained it! Thank you.

si_c

Guru
Then wondering if your card details are going to be stolen.

This is one of my primary reasons for using Paypal. Wherever possible I prefer to use a payment broker, you entrust your actual payment details to them rather then entering them into every website you make a purchase from.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'll always use PayPal instead of a debit card, in fact I won't buy for someone who doesn't accept it. The company you're buying from will never see your bank details.
Better you use PP than give your bank information to a Chinese seller or someone who could sell your details to a fraudster.
Very easy to manage through their app. Also an easy quick way to send money to individuals.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
I'll always use PayPal instead of a debit card, in fact I won't buy for someone who doesn't accept it. The company you're buying from will never see your bank details.
Better you use PP than give your bank information to a Chinese seller or someone who could sell your details to a fraudster.
Very easy to manage through their app. Also an easy quick way to send money to individuals.

How does it work then, do you lodge an amount of money with them for future payments?

markemark

Über Member
How does it work then, do you lodge an amount of money with them for future payments?

You can do. Or you just link your debit or credit card to Paypal.

So, you purchase from a supplier. They direct you to Paypal which debits your card. Paypal returns to the supplier website that the sale is paid for. This means you never give your card details to an unknown supplier. Paypal also has pretty good buyer protection.

vickster

Legendary Member
Will using ‘Friends & Family’ remove buyers protection in the event of a PayPal dispute ?

indeed, neither seller nor buyer have any protection. It's just an alternative to a bank transfer (except the person sending the money can use a credit card).
Goods and services which the person receiving the money pays a fee is the only protected method for either party...they can side with the person receiving though in disputes as they are PayPal's client

Top Bottom