PBK cable cutters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D4VOW

Why pay a premium for cycling brand wire cutters when you can get a pair with a lifetime guarantee for cheaper from most hardware stores?

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

accountantpete said:
Hope you are on commision with Probikekit, Matthew!

I wish. Getting weekly emails with new PBK bargains is costing me a bloody fortune. ;)

D4VOW said:
Why pay a premium for cycling brand wire cutters when you can get a pair with a lifetime guarantee for cheaper from most hardware stores?

Have you got an example? I thought many cutters weren't suitable for doing both outers and inners.

Matthew

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
accountantpete said:
Breaking news....Breaking news...

They work!

Got mine this morning - did a neat cut on the cable with minimal force and the top cutters did a similar job on the cabling, again with very little effort and minimal squashing of the metal tubing.

Obviously I can't speak for how much wear they will take but I'd say that if you are just attending to your own bike, then these will last a good few years as they look to be unbreakable and it's just a matter of how long they retain their sharpness.

BTW kudos to Probikekit - ordered yesterday and they were here 9.00 today!

+1

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just visited PBKs' site - their own brand cable cutters are now listed at £26.41 - and that is with 10% off! Not such a good buy now ..... maybe this is a mistake - otherwise are they taking the p... or what?
Fortunately I bought some a couple of weeks ago for £7.92 - and I was kicking myself after for forgetting to use the XMAS extra 10% discount code!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
alecstilleyedye said:
they look identical to the ones i got from wiggle (lifeline?), which work fine.
- yes, I thought that too - that they are the same as Wiggles'.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

youngoldbloke said:
Just visited PBKs' site - their own brand cable cutters are now listed at £26.41 - and that is with 10% off! Not such a good buy now ..... maybe this is a mistake - otherwise are they taking the p... or what?

PBK is funny that way. A lot of their regular stock is actually quite pricey but when they have a sale though knock A LOT off.

Matthew

MajorMantra said:
PBK is funny that way. A lot of their regular stock is actually quite pricey but when they have a sale though knock A LOT off.

Matthew

It's the same with all tools - there is a very large mark-up on cost as they aim to sell to commercial users over the DIY biker.

This tool goes for £200!

P8170_250.jpg

Top Bottom