PC Games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajevans

I used to love playing them at uni when I had some free time. Me and my friends set up a decent sized lan (pre-broadband days), even running cables across to another halls of residence. The uni didn't seem to notice that we'd drilled holes through the walls to run the cables more efficiently.

Now I don't seem to have the time, and if you do play online you come up against 'gamers' aka losers with nothing better to do. I just stick to my Nintendo DS now as I can play it whilst commuting and on the toilet :ohmy:

walker

At the moment playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, I've been playing it a while now and I got stuck so I had to take a little cheat and look on the internet for a walkthrough, only to realise I was only a quarter of the way through, the game is huge

Carwash

Señor Member
Baldur's Gate II. Best. Game. Evar.

Half-Life comes a close second.

(Portal does look cool BTW, but I doubt my system could handle it...)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Half Life 2 - very good

American McGee's Alice - it's a game from about 1999 based upon Alice in Wonderland - it's a platformer like Tomb raider and it's totally crazy.

All Unreal Tournament games - so blindingly fast your eyes bleed.

Alien vs Predator 2 - scares the pants off me - I just can't play it.....

Simpsons Hit and Run - that's loads of fun...my son loves it...

Lego Starwars - fantastic - got it on PC and PSP

Starwars Battlefront 2 - if you like star wars you'll love this....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
KitsuneAndy said:
Is Bioshock running a new UT Engine? Or is it the same engine they used for Gears of War/Rainbow 6 Vegas/GRAW2?

I've given up on gaming on the pc, can't afford to keep up with the required technology. Just sticking with the 360 from now on :rolleyes:

It uses the new UT engine. Bioshock runs well on the 360. The new PGR looks amazing too on the 360 if anyone likes driving games.

PrettyboyTim

Carwash said:
(Portal does look cool BTW, but I doubt my system could handle it...)

Dunno how old your machine is, but mine's fairly creaky and it handles it fine.

Athlon 2600+ (1600Mhz)
768MB RAM
128MB Radeon 9600

Tetedelacourse

Manic Miner - was that the platform game where you assume the role of Arthur Skargill and have to stop mines from closing?

Or was it the one where when you die, a big foot descends on you whilst making a farting noise? If it's the latter, I think games have gone downhill since.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
dan_bo said:
WHY did you have to introduce me to that fish game? thats my day f***ed now isn't it?

It is very addicting. I came back to it today, and all my fish had died.:rolleyes:
So remember to pause it when you leave, so you can carry on next time you play it.
Its got to be one of the most addictive games.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Flight sim is very cool...especially with the wheel and the rudder pedal etc... we have it hooked up through a powerful sound system as well so it sounds brill!

dbg

I used to play Quake against my colleague at work on our Macs. Spent many a happy hour fragging each other.

SamNichols

Right I blooming hate that fish game. My fish keep dying and won't breed. I can't make any money, and in general it's too hard for me to like it.

walker

SamNichols said:
Right I blooming hate that fish game. My fish keep dying and won't breed. I can't make any money, and in general it's too hard for me to like it.

with you there sam, did'nt quite understand how I'm meant to make any money

Top Bottom