PC won't connect to Internet - any ideas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
For the past couple of days I've been unable to connect to the internet using my Laptop

It says I'm connected thru my BT home hub which must be working as both phones are using it.

Any ideas as to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm actually not joking, but...have you tried turning your hub off and turning it on again?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm actually not joking, but...have you tried turning your hub off and turning it on again?
And the laptop.

There should be a reset button on the router. Depending on the model there might be a light which should be blue, and steady—not flashing.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
For the past couple of days I've been unable to connect to the internet using my Laptop

It says I'm connected thru my BT home hub which must be working as both phones are using it.

Any ideas as to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks
I have the same problem. Have not tried turning BT hub off and on again as my tablet connects ok.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Assuming you're on Windows, right click the wireless icon, bottom-right of the screen, and click 'Troubleshoot problems'. That sometimes resets the connection.

alicat

Legendary Member
I had this a couple of weeks ago. Rather helpfully, I have forgotten how I fixed it.

Is this on WiFi. Try sticking an Ethernet cable in from the laptop to the router. Leave it a few minutes until it connects and then unplug the cable and the WiFi will probably work again.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'd do markymark's turn everything off at the mains, then turn it back on after five minutes, as my first move. If that doesn't work, you could try logging into the router and having a poke around. Type this into your address bar:

upload_2017-2-17_21-44-22.png

(just the highlighted number)

That should get you in.

(No www. or anything, just 192.168.1.254, then hit rtn.)

Top Bottom