Peacocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
Has anyone ever eaten peacock?

I would imagine it would be rather tasty, does anyone know where I can buy a prepared Peacock?

Phone up the Daily Mail and tell them that you're a bogus asylum seeker and want to eat a peacock. Tell them that you've no objection to being photographed eating one in the new Bentley that social services have just given you. They'll do the rest. ;)

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Patrick Stevens said:
Phone up the Daily Mail and tell them that you're a bogus asylum seeker and want to eat a peacock. Tell them that you've no objection to being photographed eating one in the new Bentley that social services have just given you. They'll do the rest. ;)

Okay. Gotta number?

Dave5N

Über Member
Didn't the Elizabethans skin them, roast them, and then put the skin and feathers back on to serve them?

(Thereby giving themselves plenty of opportunities to challenge their immune systems)

red_tom

Take and flee off the skynne with the fedurs tayle and the nekke, and the hed thereon; then take the skyne with all the fedures, and lay hit on a table abrode; and strawe thereon grounden comyn; then take the pecokke, and roste him, and endore hym with raw yolks of egges; and when he is rosted take hym of, and let hym cool awhile, and take hym and sew hym in his skyn, and gilde his combe, and so serve hym forthe with the last cours.

Jayme Olyvr (Kichten Whelp)

red_tom said:
Take and flee off the skynne with the fedurs tayle and the nekke, and the hed thereon; then take the skyne with all the fedures, and lay hit on a table abrode; and strawe thereon grounden comyn; then take the pecokke, and roste him, and endore hym with raw yolks of egges; and when he is rosted take hym of, and let hym cool awhile, and take hym and sew hym in his skyn, and gilde his combe, and so serve hym forthe with the last cours.

Jayme Olyvr (Kichten Whelp)

I love it, even if it is a little Bill Bailey...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
Peacock Curry??!!?;)

Well, they are native to India.

I believe they sit on low branches preening, and tigers come along and pull 'em off by the tails and snack on them...

Top Bottom