1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peacocks

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 18 Feb 2008.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Has anyone ever eaten peacock?

I would imagine it would be rather tasty, does anyone know where I can buy a prepared Peacock?

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

goodness me, man! if you're going to be eating peacock, you have the damn things prepared for you by the butler and his minions!

3. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

If you really can't find prepared peacock, but want to know what it tastes like, simply eat a cat. They taste remarkably similar, cat is a little tougher, so I'd stew the little fella, but the taste is the same.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Why of course *Slaps thigh*.

"Bonjy" *Calls Butler* ;)

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Hmm, well I was really after cock, but I suppose pussy will do.

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Yeah, I've heard that peacock is foul. As well as fowl.

7. red_tom

red_tom New Member

We had some peacocks at my Dad's house when I was growing up. Horribly noisy stupid things.

8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

There is one roaming around Fishponds in Bristol, whenever I see it, it looks strange to see it in an urban setting, wanding down side streets. I've been told its lived in the area for about 8 years. You would have to prepare it yourself though.

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

That would be fine, if you don't want to kill it yourself just slip it into a box or sack and send it to me live, I'll handle the rest when it arrives.

10. Maz

Maz Guru

You could probably use the peacock feathers to roast it in, too.
    I've never tasted duck or rabbit, and only tried turkey for the first time last year. Neigh on impossible to find them in halal butchers shops.

11. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

No but this guy knows how to cook one.

12. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I have a vision of a sack arriving on your doorstep, but a sack in full fanned out displaying tail peacock shape...

13. Pete

Pete Guest

When I read this thread title, I had two guesses:

1. A rant about Peacocks (the clothing chain). Have I bought anything there? Answer: yes. But a lot of their stuff is cr*p....

2. Trouble with peacocks straying onto the road. I get that too, quite a lot. Seems it's become a 'cool' and fashionable thing to do, amongst a certain class of owners of the more affluent Sussex villas, to keep peacocks in their front gardens. Pesky birds always straying out into the lane. And no road-sense.

But - eat them? No thanks. ;)

14. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I've had horse steak while camping near Gravelines. If that helps...;)