Peacocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Has anyone ever eaten peacock?

I would imagine it would be rather tasty, does anyone know where I can buy a prepared Peacock?

domtyler said:
Has anyone ever eaten peacock?

I would imagine it would be rather tasty, does anyone know where I can buy a prepared Peacock?

goodness me, man! if you're going to be eating peacock, you have the damn things prepared for you by the butler and his minions!

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
trustysteed said:
goodness me, man! if you're going to be eating peacock, you have the damn things prepared for you by the butler and his minions!

Why of course *Slaps thigh*.

"Bonjy" *Calls Butler* ;)

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
User76 said:
If you really can't find prepared peacock, but want to know what it tastes like, simply eat a cat. They taste remarkably similar, cat is a little tougher, so I'd stew the little fella, but the taste is the same.

Hmm, well I was really after cock, but I suppose pussy will do.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is one roaming around Fishponds in Bristol, whenever I see it, it looks strange to see it in an urban setting, wanding down side streets. I've been told its lived in the area for about 8 years. You would have to prepare it yourself though.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
summerdays said:
There is one roaming around Fishponds in Bristol, whenever I see it, it looks strange to see it in an urban setting, wanding down side streets. I've been told its lived in the area for about 8 years. You would have to prepare it yourself though.

That would be fine, if you don't want to kill it yourself just slip it into a box or sack and send it to me live, I'll handle the rest when it arrives.

Maz

Guru
You could probably use the peacock feathers to roast it in, too.
I've never tasted duck or rabbit, and only tried turkey for the first time last year. Neigh on impossible to find them in halal butchers shops.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
That would be fine, if you don't want to kill it yourself just slip it into a box or sack and send it to me live, I'll handle the rest when it arrives.

I have a vision of a sack arriving on your doorstep, but a sack in full fanned out displaying tail peacock shape...

Pete

When I read this thread title, I had two guesses:

1. A rant about Peacocks (the clothing chain). Have I bought anything there? Answer: yes. But a lot of their stuff is cr*p....

2. Trouble with peacocks straying onto the road. I get that too, quite a lot. Seems it's become a 'cool' and fashionable thing to do, amongst a certain class of owners of the more affluent Sussex villas, to keep peacocks in their front gardens. Pesky birds always straying out into the lane. And no road-sense.

But - eat them? No thanks. ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Maz said:
You could probably use the peacock feathers to roast it in, too.
I've never tasted duck or rabbit, and only tried turkey for the first time last year. Neigh on impossible to find them in halal butchers shops.

I've had horse steak while camping near Gravelines. If that helps...;)

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Peacock is a dark, sweet, juicy meat not unlike duck but considerably less fatty. I recommend checking the degree of fat on the carcass, and barding (draping with fat bacon or rubbing/injecting with butter or oil) if the bird is a lean one.

More here

Top Bottom