Peak eccentricity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Don't you mean that you should claim 'egg-spenses?'

I'll get my coat. 😂

Finally, we are back to hens at work. Hurrah. :laugh:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Nobody will say anything because of the current woke climate. As it might head into one or more of eggshell territories of discrimination, mental health, animal rights, cultural misappropriation etc etc.

Has come to the stage that even in social media we have people having the need to mention "rescue" repeatedly and nobody will fess up to buying a pet. Yet the Parks are filled with many breeds. Strawberry society.

Buying up ex battery chickens to give them a nicer rest of life has been a big thing for decades .

Please remember that being called Woke is in fact a compliment because being the opposite is just plain dumb.

Buying up ex battery chickens to give them a nicer rest of life has been a big thing for decades .

Please remember that being called Woke is in fact a compliment because being the opposite is just plain dumb.
When it first started it was a compliment.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think it has been reached.
Earlier this week I arrived at my other place of work, as I walked across the hall to my office I observed a colleague pulling what appeared from a distance to be a child’s pull-along-toy chicken, as I got nearer I could see it was not a toy but a real hen sat on a cushion atop a garage dolly! “She’s a rescued battery hen“ she explained, “and she doesn’t like to be left alone, she can’t walk very well either”. Then the bomb shell, “(Hen owner‘’s colleagues) won’t let me keep it in our office, so she stops in your place, everyone likes her. “ I am not often lost for words, but...

I think this equals that, if not tops it! There's a woman who pushes a dog stroller around the local cemetery. She has a 2 year old Maltese Terrier. There was me thinking "why push a young healthy dog round, I'd make it walk"! Well, today I found out why she pushes the stroller around. It's not for her dog, no it's for a rescued pigeon! According to another dog walker she found the bird on a supermarket car park looking a bit disheveled, last November. She picked the pigeon up and took it home. She has two cages, one in the living room, one in her bedroom. According to the fellow dog walker, when she goes to bed she puts the bird in the bedroom cage so it doesn't get lonely, then come the morning she puts it in the living room cage. When she takes the bird out in the dog stroller she puts a net over it to stop the bird from falling out. Again, according to the fellow dog walker, she's called it Lieutenant Pigeon after.:wacko:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw the pigeon in the pram today! The owner was camera shy, but didn't mind me taking photos of her pigeon.:smile:

nc_ohc=HzZezZ3ZMqkAX_IT0sO&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

9kaJtU&tn=ZvjVuoX8FvnTFXCo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=H0VUugfJyRAAX9TDzIW&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

8RJRbs&tn=ZvjVuoX8FvnTFXCo&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

She told me she takes it on the bus for days out. Tomorrow she's taking 'Lieutenant Pigeon' to Blackpool! :whistle:

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
All hens are chickens, but not all chickens are hens! :whistle:
Actually, not all hens are chickens, as "hen" is a generic term for a female bird.

And I'm not sure why the previous poster thinks that using Chicken is an American import. According to etymology online, while originally referring to the young of the domestic fowl, it was in common use by middle English to be regardless of age.

Top Bottom