Peak eccentricity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
All hens are chickens, but not all chickens are hens! :whistle:

So all cats are in fact kittens and nobody has dogs but only puppies?:wacko:

Some chickens indeed do not become hens but they become dinner when big enough.:smile:

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Does the chicken wear a nappy or is it office trained?

Edit: Maybe you should be grateful that there isn't a peacock squatting in your office....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42880690

There was a peacock lived jut along the road for a while but it kept going for trips to annoy people quite a long was off. The owner gave up in the end but don't know whether is was eaten or rehomed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I didn't know that there were hermaphrodite birds! :eek:

I looked the word 'chickens' up and apparently it can be used for hens or roosters.

In the immature stage they are the children and teenagers of poultry but the habit of calling hens chickens is an import from America.
Language is constantly changing but this is a step too far and leads to confusion.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In the immature stage they are the children and teenagers of poultry but the habit of calling hens chickens is an import from America.
Language is constantly changing but this is a step too far and leads to confusion.

I hadn't actually thought about it until your original post and I didn't know which was what!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I hadn't actually thought about it until your original post and I didn't know which was what!

I seem to have set a cat among the pigeons:laugh:

PS A young pigeon is a squab so far as I remember before anybody asks. Country estates had pigeon towers with nesting boxes for the pigeons and the eggs were collected for food but leaving enough to ensure enough new pigeons were hatched in due course.
A fountain of useless knowledge me.:wacko:

Top Bottom