Peak eccentricity.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I think it has been reached.
Earlier this week I arrived at my other place of work, as I walked across the hall to my office I observed a colleague pulling what appeared from a distance to be a child’s pull-along-toy chicken, as I got nearer I could see it was not a toy but a real hen sat on a cushion atop a garage dolly! “She’s a rescued battery hen“ she explained, “and she doesn’t like to be left alone, she can’t walk very well either”. Then the bomb shell, “(Hen owner‘’s colleagues) won’t let me keep it in our office, so she stops in your place, everyone likes her. “ I am not often lost for words, but...

Sounds good to me. Never worked anywhere that allowed pets and I regret that.

presta

Guru
I once had a letter from the council telling me there had been a complaint from a neighbour about the noise from my chickens.

I don't have any. ^_^

My neighbour had chickens, but they were so quiet that anyone within earshot would have been close enough to see whose garden they were in.

Nobody will say anything because of the current woke climate. As it might head into one or more of eggshell territories of discrimination, mental health, animal rights, cultural misappropriation etc etc.

Has come to the stage that even in social media we have people having the need to mention "rescue" repeatedly and nobody will fess up to buying a pet. Yet the Parks are filled with many breeds. Strawberry society.

classic33

Leg End Member
Earlier this week I arrived at my other place of work, as I walked across the hall to my office I observed a colleague pulling what appeared from a distance to be a child’s pull-along-toy chicken, as I got nearer I could see it was not a toy but a real hen sat on a cushion atop a garage dolly! “She’s a rescued battery hen“ she explained, “and she doesn’t like to be left alone, she can’t walk very well either”. Then the bomb shell, “(Hen owner‘’s colleagues) won’t let me keep it in our office, so she stops in your place, everyone likes her. “ I am not often lost for words, but...
If she's staying in your place, are you charging rent?

Nobody will say anything because of the current woke climate. As it might head into one or more of eggshell territories of discrimination, mental health, animal rights, cultural misappropriation etc etc.

Has come to the stage that even in social media we have people having the need to mention "rescue" repeatedly and nobody will fess up to buying a pet. Yet the Parks are filled with many breeds. Strawberry society.

You ok Hun ?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

What a wonderful thing to do! Not quite a hen, but when my mutt had a bad rear leg the other year I pushed him around in a pram, or a dog stroller to give it its proper title. I had a few odd looks and some nasty comments, but many compliments.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The sound of hens clucking outside a bedroom window brings back memories of happy days when I stayed with my grandparent during summer holidays. They had a croft and a whole range of animals.
Can we please stop referring to hens as chickens as they are not the same thing:stop:.
Very annoying.

Top Bottom