peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Blue said:
I did my first club 10 tonight and had pancakes with peanut butter, a handful of raisins and a cup of tea 2hrs pre event. I managed 27:41, which I think was ok for someone who is 56 in a few weeks - I'm happy anyway!

Good work.

My pre-race hydration is usually tea, with sugar, and a water chaser.

Pancakes, mmmm.

SimonC

Midnight said:
From Wikipedia -

"Peanut butter may protect against a high risk of cardiovascular disease due to high levels of monounsaturated fats and reveratrol; butter prepared with the skin of the peanuts has a greater level of resveratrol and other health-aiding agents. Peanut butter (and peanuts) provide protein, vitamins B3 and E magnesium, folate, dietary fibre, arginine, and high levels of the antioxidant p-coumaric acid."

And it can also be used to help get chewing gum out of your hair!!! :laugh:

And it tastes great in toasted sandwiches...:tongue:

Mmmm.....I love resveratrol:smile:

Brahan

Über Member
I love peanut butter. On toast with lashings of butter. Let it go cold for a couple of hours and it'll be nice and chewy on your return. :laugh:

efreeti

I tend to have peanut butter with carrot and cardamom jam on toast as a weekend treat breakfast.

It may just be psychological but I always feel like I have more of a spring in my step for a couple of hours afterwards when compared to my standard Healthy Living muesli and skimmed milk breakfast!

Blue

Legendary Member
jimboalee said:
I have said this before.

Meat is the 'food of the Gods'.

A misconception shared by those who haven't tried marmite and peanut butter on toast. :smile:

Trek Trauma Chris

SimonC said:
Mmmm.....I love resveratrol:smile:

Don't knock it :ohmy: I have just read an article about some Prof Sylvain Dore, who claimed that people who consume Resveratrol in the form of red wine (alcohol needed to concentrate the compound) are 40% more likely to suffer less brain damage after a stroke.

I know what I am taking in my water bottle from now on;)

Top Bottom