Pedal Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Started with clipless pedals but after too many offs & pulling a calf muscle I changed to 1/2 & 1/2

20180909_174625.jpg

But then ended up with occasions when I was on the wrong side, not a big deal but not right, so I chnaged to the ones that came with the bike

20180909_174731.jpg

But I find my feet slipping on these, so not looking at spending a fortune but recommendations please.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
*Presses default DMR V8 button.*

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Thank you but way way out of my price range

No need to apologise I often go to posts from new posts & have no idea which forum I'm in.

Found that Halfords are doing DMR V8's for under £21 so picking a pair up tomorrow, Thanks all
Many, many folk rave about them (I hope you do too) but I found on a mtb although the pedal never impacted with the calf to cause a bruise, they were impacting just enough (or the pins were) to un-noticeably pierce the skin and cause a mess.

Drago

Legendary Member
A tip for DMR pedals. Remove all the pins and grease the threads while new. If you leave it until they've been in use for a while you can guarantee that some of them will seize in position, including (inevitably) the grease port pin. That aside, robust pedals, easy to keep serviced.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just an update, ordered the pedals from Halfords/Halfrauds/Halfarses (you choose) on Sunday afternoon, got an email to collect after 16:00 Monday, turned up at 16:10 Monday, after 10 minutes of searching 'No idea, they're not here come back tomorrow DPD haven't arrived yet.' So I duly turned up at 16:10 Tuesday, waited at the till for 10 minutes whilst they sssslllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy dealt with some other customers, including one guy who gave up put his things down & walked out.

The guy who arrived just in front was also doing a click & collect & was told to go upstairs to the cycling department as they wer now dealing with them, so off we both trot upstairs to the back of the store to find nobody. After waiting a couple of minutes I shouted down to them at the till there was nobody up here, they shouted over the tannoy & eventually somebody arrived & went to look for the guy in front's stuff in the locker at the side of the till where we'd come from!

Eventually another assistant turned up & went in search of my pedals, which he eventually found in some boxes at the back of the warehouse, I paid from them & then couldn't get a receipt as the tills just refused to issue one, I gave up & left with the pedals but no proof of purchase, the other guy was still there his stuff had either not turned up or they couldn't find it/them. I know his order was in the region of £600 as we were talking.

So what should have been a 10 minute click & collect turned into a 2 journey 55 minute ordeal, 10 minutes 1st day, 45 the 2nd.

Anyway onto the pedals, put them on & went out did 23 miles of canals & tracks, feet never slipped, but it did feel as though I may need to drop the saddle a few millimetres not sure why & not looked yet, but it felt I was stretching a little bit more than usual, but that was only for the first few miles then I got used to it.

Top Bottom