Pedal bearings adjustment nut size?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
One of my normal cage pedals had become stiff to turn. What is the normal lockout size? I ask because a 10 mill is too small, an 11 mill too big, so is an old 7/16th. Is there a special size spanner for the job?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It'll be a BSC 'Cycle' thread/nut, old whitworth spanner might do it but I'd file out a cheap 10mm to fit.

Sharky

Guru
I had a pedal, think it was a Look delta one. Managed to drill a small hole through the end dust cap, which I could not remove and used a fine nozzled grease shryinge and squirted loads of grease through until it was coming out the other side.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I had a pedal, think it was a Look delta one. Managed to drill a small hole through the end dust cap, which I could not remove and used a fine nozzled grease shryinge and squirted loads of grease through until it was coming out the other side.
I have got the dust cap off, but the little nut on top of the adjuster seems to be an odd size and I do not have the size spanner, whatever it may be. The nearest I have is 11mill or 7/16th AF are just slightly too big and are slipping. I don't want to round the nut off.

Top Bottom