Pedal For Scotland 100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
By the way - who's doing the normal PfS this year? Can't let a year go by without the annual rush from Glasgow to get to the pub in Leith!

I'm up for a 100 miler.

Will it be a compeditive event (Fast boys to the front) or more in the Audax style (Fat boys to the front) with stops for cake and to let Mags catch up with the bus.

Early Sep would be top class got a 200 km audax in late Aug and I would really, really like to do both.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'm up for a 100 miler.

Will it be a compeditive event (Fast boys to the front) or more in the Audax style (Fat boys to the front) with stops for cake and to let Mags catch up with the bus.

Early Sep would be top class got a 200 km audax in late Aug and I would really, really like to do both.

:rofl: Let's (mis-)interpret that as a bus full of cake ... now there 's a challenge :hungry::hungry:

T

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mmm. Actually the first Saturday in September might suit me better as well, thinking about it.

So what to call it? The 100(ish) mile Glasgow(ish) - Edinburgh and back challenge(ish) thingy! :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
:rofl: Let's (mis-)interpret that as a bus full of cake ... now there 's a challenge :hungry::hungry:

T

It was an obscure TdF reference the cycling ‘bus’ being those who get shelled out the back on the first climb of the day and form a group on the road who do just enough stay in the race. Of course Mags would never get shelled
out the back, now would he?

Me on the other hand, I expect to.

How about 'CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake'

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It was an obscure TdF reference the cycling ‘bus’ being those who get shelled out the back on the first climb of the day and form a group on the road who do just enough stay in the race. Of course Mags would never get shelled

Hmmm. That's not a bad name! :smile:

So I might just start a new thread here. :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Great name for a ride SB :biggrin:

(and yes, I got the bus joke, but decided to (mis-) interpret :evil: )

T

Top Bottom