Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparkygrider

Hi fellow cyclists. I'm cycling the 100 mile pedal for Scotland in September. I'm buying a new bike hopefully next month but because I'm cycling a 100 mile cycle, I'm concerned of what bike to get. At the moment, I'm thinking of getting a hybrid bike as I like the feel of mountain bikes rather than road bikes. I have around £400 to spend.

Any ideas?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hi fellow cyclists. I'm cycling the 100 mile pedal for Scotland in September. I'm buying a new bike hopefully next month but because I'm cycling a 100 mile cycle, I'm concerned of what bike to get. At the moment, I'm thinking of getting a hybrid bike as I like the feel of mountain bikes rather than road bikes. I have around £400 to spend.

Any ideas?

Not knowing anything about you, it is a difficult question to answer! If it was me I would not be basing my decision on what bike to get purely on a one off cycling event. If you prefer MTBs to road bikes, then you have maybe answered your own question.

I am also doing PFS (for the first time) but will be sticking with the 50 mile option due to my age and fitness level. For what it's worth, I will be doing it on my Specialized Tricross. The run is a by-product of me buying the bike, rather than t'other way round :smile:.

Top Bottom