Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Pedal on Parliament 2 - Sunday 19 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I hope you have all got your statements on cycle politics ready to make to any press or politicians present, should the opportunity arise.
A few facts and figures on percentage of the transport budget going to cycling, cycle facilities (lack of) in Scotland, motor traffic speeds, one way streets/contraflows, comparisons with other nations etc. etc.
:smile:
Ach, let Magnatom do the talking while we eat the cake.
Me, no speak English anyway :whistle:

Pat "5mph"

Was gonna ask this days ago, but forgot :rolleyes: : how are we gonna come back to Glasgow?
Trains will probably be busy. Ride it back? :unsure: :biggrin:

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Yea I fancy it. I'm comming from Alloa so need to know where the best place to meet. Would anybody be cycling back or do we gat the train?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Was gonna ask this days ago, but forgot :rolleyes: : how are we gonna come back to Glasgow?
Trains will probably be busy. Ride it back? :unsure: :biggrin:

I'm thinking train back is the better option. The Airdrie-Bathgate line should be less busy than the main line and only slightly slower.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Yea I fancy it. I'm comming from Alloa so need to know where the best place to meet. Would anybody be cycling back or do we gat the train?
Am cycling over from Alloa, will be meeting Colin at the forth road bridge then meeting the weegies at the other side of the forth road bridge, depending in the weather I'll be cycling up the cycle path to Dunfermline, if we've had a lot of rain I'll just cycle on the roads, I'll be cycling back from Edinburgh, we WILL be stopping at craggies farm for a refuel session, plenty carbs is the order of the day

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Am cycling over from Alloa, will be meeting Colin at the forth road bridge then meeting the weegies at the other side of the forth road bridge, depending in the weather I'll be cycling up the cycle path to Dunfermline, if we've had a lot of rain I'll just cycle on the roads, I'll be cycling back from Edinburgh, we WILL be stopping at craggies farm for a refuel session, plenty carbs is the order of the day

Sounds like a plan to me, ill be doing there and back but for us its not as big a challenge as the weggies :laugh:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Pedal on Parliament has moved to the Sunday - May 19th - in order to have closed roads on the route from the Meadows to Holyrood.

Update your calendars accordingly!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Pedal on Parliament has moved to the Sunday - May 19th - in order to have closed roads on the route from the Meadows to Holyrood.

Update your calendars accordingly!

I read about this but forgot to post in the thread, not sure if i can make it anymore :cry:

Pat "5mph"

Gotta wee problem :whistle:
Been recruiting for the event - also distributing leaflets, ermm, getting radical in my old age :rolleyes:
Anyhow, got interest from 2 groups of people, beginners and medium ( no strava gods ha ha!).
In connection with this also, a starting time and place in Glasgow would be handy, plus feeder route instructions in English please @Rasmus, because I'm planning to give those details to the more experienced riders.
On Saturday I'm getting some cycle training so I will try to put together a group of slow coaches like me - you fast ones can run along, we will follow :smile:
Second bit of the problem is how to get back to Glasgow - haven't sussed that one out yet, trains will probably be full.
Maybe transport hire could be an option if there's enough of us to spread the cost.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
As it happens I have been in touch with the organizers, and was considering "going public" with the arrangements, if there are no objections?

I'll put up the a new thread tonight with all the details. I have also just realized I need to do a ride to the capital in the coming weeks in order to recce how to get to the meadows...

Pat "5mph"

As it happens I have been in touch with the organizers, and was considering "going public" with the arrangements, if there are no objections?

I'll put up the a new thread tonight with all the details. I have also just realized I need to do a ride to the capital in the coming weeks in order to recce how to get to the meadows...
Cool Rasmus, the more experienced could go on road with you.
I was thinking to do a trial ride too. As I work most weekends and lucky you do not, I will probably do it during the week, following your tracks.
Might have to follow the off road cycle route with the more traffic shy.
I understand that this would add about 15 miles to the trip, will propose it to the girls.

Top Bottom