Pedal On Postbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Those lovely people at Pedal On Parliament are now organising Pedal On Postbox.
The idea is to ride the Olympic Legacy train by getting a group of cyclists to descend on a local postbox for a photo opportunity of us all posting letters to our local councillors regarding changes we'd like to see in local cycling infrastructure. If there is a golden postbox near you, then so much the better as that helps hook into the Olympic vibe.
There are events happening on Sunday September 16th in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dumfries, Aberdeen and Dunblane.
I'm organising the Dunblane one (at Andy Murray's golden postbox in the high street) at 14:30 this Sunday September 16th. Anyone in the Stirling/Clackmannanshire area is welcome to join us.
If there is not an event near you, but you'd like to join in then please feel free to organise your own. Not having a golden postbox is no reason to not join in, a red one will do.
Head over to http://pedalonparliament.org for more information.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye,
  • Edinburgh – meet at the Sir Chris Hoy golden postbox on Hanover Street at 11am (map - facebook event)
  • Glasgow – meet outside the Velodrome at 3pm (facebook event)
  • Dunblane – meet at the Andy Murray golden postbox on Dunblane High St at 2:30 pm (see the facebook event for details)
  • Dumfries – meet at St Joseph’s College car park at 4pm
Just in case anyone was wondering...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aye,
  • Edinburgh – meet at the Sir Chris Hoy golden postbox on Hanover Street at 11am (map - facebook event)
  • Glasgow – meet outside the Velodrome at 3pm (facebook event)
  • Dunblane – meet at the Andy Murray golden postbox on Dunblane High St at 2:30 pm (see the facebook event for details)
  • Dumfries – meet at St Joseph’s College car park at 4pm
Just in case anyone was wondering...

I shall be pedaling on SECC on Sunday, as I'm working all day.
The velodrome is just up the road from where I live. Thing is, they made a smashing cycling lane in that area, leading from the back of the Green at Shawfield/Dalmarnock right up to the new sports centre, including Celtic Park.
I was exploring it the other day, searching for a quiet road to go to Dennistoun from Rutherglen.

Top Bottom