Pedal question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
MTB clipless pedals weren't meant to be used for long periods on the road. When cycling off road you are more likely to be clipping in and out to put a foot down etc..
Not really a design fault but a fault which has come up due to it's popular use on the road.
If your just planning to use them on short rides then you may have no trouble with the hot spots, or you may just have no trouble at all. shoe vs foot vs person means that some people don't have an issue with them and some do.

Steve H

Large Member
I have the Shimano M424 SPD pedals which are very similar to these. I've never suffered from the so called 'Hotspot' problem with them, but I haven't yet ridden for more than about 3 hours at a time.

rsvdaz

i have the lidls shoes and shimano m520 spd pedals...longest ride yet is 58 miles...not had a hot spot moment yet

OP
OP
K

kilf

So doesnt the surrounding cage eliminate the "hotspot"?..... also I here alot on this forum about sps vs spd sl and spd sl vs look whats the deal with time pedals? I know zero about them? all comments welcomed.

OP
OP
K

kilf

I think spd might be safer Gaz just been watching of you commuting videos lol

I reckon spd + mountain bike shoes = better to fight dangerous drivers in ;)

Mark_Robson

If you buy a decent pair of shoes for your SPD's they will have firm soles that will help to distribute the pressure across the whole sole. I have a good pair of shoes that I use for my road bikes and a pair of Lidl shoes that I use for my MTB and I have never had any issues at all with sore feet.

Top Bottom