Pedal stuck fast on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

Has anyone ever come up against a pedal which is totally stuck fast on ?
I've had a few big guys try to twist this off with a bike spanner, but its just not for budging...

Any other tips? maybe a lubricant to loosen ?

IMG_9938.jpeg

Has anyone ever come up against a pedal which is totally stuck fast on ?
I've had a few big guys try to twist this off with a bike spanner, but its just not for budging...

Any other tips? maybe a lubricant to loosen ?

View attachment 511258
A good, long spanner like a Cyclo.
No lubricant. It doesn't work. It's a myth, but dozens will now come on and swear by this or that magic potion.
Brute force.
A good understanding of which direction is loose, and which is tight.
Don't remove the crank. Do the job on the bike.
Knuckle protectors.

Brooks

I volunteer at a community cycle workshop but I'm no expert but we get lots of bikes gifted that have been left in the garden or shed for ages. We see some very stubborn examples.
They spray with WD then leave it for a day and then have a crack with a long spanner. Seems to work on the majority of bikes.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another vote for leverage

figbat

Slippery scientist
The driveside pedal is a conventional thread. The M520 pedal has a hex recess on the end of the shaft which may help you. My usual trick is to get the pedal spanner or socket drive just a few degrees off of the crank arm, then squeeze them together. Also, it is worth shifting your chain onto the large chainring, so that when you slip or it suddenly gives, you don’t gash yourself on exposed chainring teeth.

Top Bottom