1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedals fight back

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 7 Sep 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

or at least they do if you try to get quickly way from the lights without clipping in correctly. I tried today to get away quickly and my left foot was not clipped in, now have a 2 inch gash just above the ankle and I'm sure my wife was smiling when she put alchohol on to clean the wound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

At the risk of you sinking like a lead balloon with this post Keith, I recall there was a fashion for (sharp) metal pedals when I was a kid (pre-SPD's etc.) and out on a ride with a friend he tried to stop too quickly and the pedal drove itself into his calf. Together with a good proportion of his jeans. Ambulance man had to pull the pedal out.........

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

pre clipless i can still recall the pain of a foot slipping off the pedal and the shin getting a whack :biggrin:

4. I shared that pain, several times, especially in the wet :biggrin:

5. Lefire

Lefire New Member

My legs used to have the look of inverted goose bumps with all the pedel marks up my legs.

Now it's my head that has the dents when I can't unclip fast enough.

6. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Me too....boy did they sting...:biggrin:

7. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

I'm currently sporting a scab from my commuter bike's ridged metal pedal edge which bit me a week ago!

8. Peyote

Peyote New Member

DMR V8s with extra long 'terror-pins' in them have left a permanent impression on my lower legs, viscious pedals they!

Some companies have started using the flesh-shredding properties of pedals as a selling point, witness the "Shinburgers" so called because if you make mistake on them your shins resemble uncooked burgers!

http://www.monkamoo.com/Intermediate Product Pages/pedalsmain.html