Pedals for fatties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Hi

I'm 102 kg and I have mashed my Look Easy bearings. The lower end of the range seems to have a weight limit of 85 kg and all the same bearings.

My question is if you are a 100+ kg rider what pedals are you using without problems?

I've read online that despite Speedplay's 85 kg limit the Stainless and Chrome-alloy pedals hold up well...

Cheers

si_c

Guru
I'm using Shimano SPDs no problems at all.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ritchey paradigm v5s and im 110kgs and zero issues on any pedals ive bought.......lightweight

e-rider

crappy member
Hi

I'm 102 kg and I have mashed my Look Easy bearings. The lower end of the range seems to have a weight limit of 85 kg and all the same bearings.

My question is if you are a 100+ kg rider what pedals are you using without problems?

I've read online that despite Speedplay's 85 kg limit the Stainless and Chrome-alloy pedals hold up well...

Cheers
I have been using Look Keo MAX II Carbon pedals for 4 years now and I apply a bit of new grease to the bearings every 6 months. I think Look state something silly like 85 kg rider weight limit but I weigh a whopping 120 kg (I'm tall and fat) and ride hard too - I've had no problems. I do grease the plate and cleat to prevent creaks.

Look Easy are cheap entry level pedals.
I tried the Look Blade 2 pedals and they creaked badly that would not stop even with grease so I sent them back

Hi

Cheers

I have a few pounds/kg's on you and shimano xt or xtr spds have been working fine for me for years.

Last edited:

Ajay

Veteran
I've never had problems with look Keos and shimano A600s. Spend a bit more and get a serviceable pedal, repack with grease every 6 months.
I'm heavier than you, but I'm not a fatty :okay:

Top Bottom