Pedals?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hello all, I need a new set of pedals for the GTECH, ideally same as fitted but I can't find any!. (Wellgo pedals k79 c210).

Are all pedals the same thread? Don't want to buy a set and have bother fitting them..

Had a look and can't see any way to take them to bits..
20200509_182536.jpg

Caperider

Hello all, I need a new set of pedals for the GTECH, ideally same as fitted but I can't find any!. (Wellgo pedals k79 c210).

Are all pedals the same thread? Don't want to buy a set and have bother fitting them..

Had a look and can't see any way to take them to bits.. View attachment 521173
They should be

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Any good quality pedal recommendations or are they all the same (I just want a flat pedal same as whats fitted).

silva

Über Member
I've seen/still have pedals with smaller diameter thread. Didn't notice when buying them secondhand.
For kid bikes ?

Reactions: C R

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes.

Reactions: C R

silva

Über Member
I didn't expect it, it's just weird, the surface of the (platform) pedals was as large as mine, yet they're for kids.
Certainly narrower thread, likely shorter cranks yet the pedals same size as adult. Maybe those I have are't representative?

C R

Guru
I didn't expect it, it's just weird, the surface of the (platform) pedals was as large as mine, yet they're for kids.
Certainly narrower thread, likely shorter cranks yet the pedals same size as adult. Maybe those I have are't representative?
The difference in thread is tiny, kids pedals have a 1/2in thread, standard pedals have a 9/16in thread, just about one mm difference in diameter, the pedals themselves are usually about the same size.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nearly all the same thread. BMX pedals, even for adult sized bikes, often look temptingly similar to MTB platforms but usually have a smaller diameter spindle/thread.

Top Bottom