Pedancy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm not suggesting anything other than the meaning of Destiny means, well, that everything is pre-destined. It was the fella's choice of phrase not mine.

the gramma, speling and punktuation police can feck off, i'm on a laptop in a very easy chair with my leg propped up, i'm allowed to type shoot
I think that a date with destiny is a well enough known figure of speech. Destiny itself implies something rather serious, so having a date with destiny means going to do something momentous at which you will either fail miserably or succeed bigly.

You knew there was only ever one way this thread was going to go, didn't you?

I quite like a nice pendant

D

Deleted member 1258

What about deja vu, is that spelling right? how many experience this? That feeling that I've been here before, or I've done this before. Surly this and destiny are related.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about deja view, is that spelling right? how many experience this? That feeling that I've been here before, or I've done this before. Surly this and destiny are related.

Something you've seen before?

C'est déjà vu meaning, as you said, already seen.

I used to have a lot of déjà vus, but haven't had one for years: should have seen that coming, really. :smile:

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
Seeing something coming = prescience or precognition

After that bold opening, a very weak finish

D

Deleted member 1258

Something you've seen before?

C'est déjà vu meaning, as you said, already seen.

I used to have a lot of déjà vus, but haven't had one for years: should have seen that coming, really. :smile:

Yes I get a lot of déjà vu and always have done.

Top Bottom