Pedestrian Whinge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Don't normally moan, but here is my moan thread:

Was cycling along and passed some pedestrians. A family, to be exact - Mum, Dad and two children.

Now I live in Birmingham. As much as I love the place, its no-nonsense attitude, reluctance to jump on any passing bandwagon just because it looks good, and the way that they take you for who you are, not who you know, or who you are related to, Brummies are probably the most sanctimonious self-righteous people that you are likely to meet.

He (Dad) says "they should have a speed limit...."

Didn't hear the rest, but he can't have been referring to the road, which has a 30 speed limit. Must have been referring to the cycle path. The one he was walking along. The segregated cycle path that he was walking along with his family. The one immediately adjacent to the footpath that he and his family were not on.

And I wasn't even travelling very fast. I couldn't. I'd just crossed a road on a near-blind spot.

Whinge over. Thanks.

Gary E

Veteran
My tolerance for this sort of thing is directly proportional to the distance I've traveled.

At the start of my ride, while I'm still wound up from work, family etc I'm more likely to bite.

Once I've put in a few miles I start to mellow out and that sort of thing becomes just water off a ducks' back. :o)

Moral of the story - don't p*$3 me off as I'm getting on my bike! :cursing:

Top Bottom