Peeling reflective bits on jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's not good - if you have the receipt, take it back. There looks like some quality control issues.

My Altura Night Vision gloves have been OK.

As for washing waterproofs, usually a careful hand wash only with a soap rather than detergent.

Commuter

Happened to me too , peeled off my Altura strada race cape after one wash.

longers

Legendary Member
Hey, me too. ;)

Bought it a month ago and worn it 5 or 6 days a week. Not washed it yet. Had a look this am after reading this and they're just starting to pull away. Not sure if it's worth taking back though :biggrin:.

longers

Legendary Member
Hey, me too. ;)

Bought it a month ago and worn it 5 or 6 days a week. Not washed it yet. Had a look this am after reading this and they're just starting to pull away. Not sure if it's worth taking back though :biggrin:.

domtyler

Über Member
Me too, had mine a couple of weeks and all the reflective bits came off after riding in a bit of drizzle one morning.

domtyler

Über Member
Me too, had mine a couple of weeks and all the reflective bits came off after riding in a bit of drizzle one morning.

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I've only worn mine about 3 times because it hasn't rained much since I bought it, and until recently it has been so mild, hence my surprise at the reflective bits peeling off.

I did get it heavily discounted from my LBS as there was a slight mark on one of the cuffs, so am slightly reluctant to make too much of a fuss.

On the other hand given the number of similar instances reported here it looks like there must be a manufacturing problem so I'll talk to them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I've only worn mine about 3 times because it hasn't rained much since I bought it, and until recently it has been so mild, hence my surprise at the reflective bits peeling off.

I did get it heavily discounted from my LBS as there was a slight mark on one of the cuffs, so am slightly reluctant to make too much of a fuss.

On the other hand given the number of similar instances reported here it looks like there must be a manufacturing problem so I'll talk to them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Tynan

Veteran
blimey

my rain top is still unwashed after fifteen years, the very odd time I've fingered it, the 'hand wash' label has stayed my hand

it gets washed when it gets worn in the rain, that easy

Top Bottom